New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Warie's Thai food

Warie's Thai food
Ranked #747 of 3,376 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Jordaan
Description: One of the oldest Thai Restaurant in Amsterdam. Freshly prepared meals from our open kitchen. For take away at your convenience or to eat in our little restaufrant.
“Excellent !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

I live next door and I really enjoy this little restaurant !
Fresh food cooked in front of you, very tasty very good.

2 Thank Julie T

• Polish first
Eilat, Israel
“So good!!!! Great flavors and good sized portions.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

Came here after visiting the Anne Frank museum. Didn't know what we wanted to eat but luckily stumbled upon this place. The food is GOOD and the prices reasonable. If you want Thai food and are near the Anne Frank museum, come here and you won't be disappointed.

1 Thank David K
towcester uk
“Authentic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

I have been to Thailand twice this year & no what to expect when eating quality food. I can honestly say it's the best thai food I have had outside of Thailand. Chicken with basil was perfectly food & tasted very tasty & authentic. I always have rice with a egg on top with my dishes . A thai thing I think. This was very good too. My girlfriend had pad thai & red thai curry . This was very tasty & authentic. The only complaint I have is that i cudnt wash it down with a singha beer

1 Thank jamesharris8
Rochester, New York
“Amazing Thai Food in Amsterdam”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We were looking for some authentic more Oriental type food in the China Town area of Amsterdam but didn't find a place that really stood out. So we walked a great deal out of that area and settled on this place simply because it said Thai and we were hungry. Its a very small place on the inside with maybe 7 or 8 tables and the chef who is in the middle working by herself to create Thai masterpieces. We had a few appetizers to begin with including: Tod Man Pla (Thai fish cakes), Koeng Hom Pha (spring rolls with shrimp), and Pang Sit (thai won tons with chicken). They were all served on one plate together and came out relatively fast. Each one was great, perfect snack for the two of us. We both ordered the same thing for dinner, Kaeng Phed Ped Yang (red curry with roast duck filet and pineapple). On the menu it has 2 chili peppers next to it suggesting it can be a medium spicy. I was able to request it not as hot and thus mine did not come with peppers but my friends did. He asked me to try the pepper at one point and I didn't think it would be that spicy but my mouth burned for about 3 minutes and I wanted to punch my friend in the face. Regardless, the duck was so juicy and tender and served in an orange kind of sauce with big pineapple chunks. Each dish came with a plate of rice for which I added directly to the main course. I was so happy with the food and extremely satisfied afterwards. It was great to watch this woman prepare all the meals at the counter and you could tell the attention to detail she had with every plate. Only downside was the server was a bit slow at getting us our drinks, it shouldn't take anymore than 5 minutes to receive your drinks, but that wouldn't turn me off from returning.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank madtv261
Hatfield, England, United Kingdom
“Food glorious food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I was in Amsterdam last month ( Sep 2013 ) and finally found a thai to my liking. Reasonably priced even for a back packer, the menu was in both Dutch and English and the food was so so so tasty and fresh. I enjoyed watching it being made too and I didn't have to wait long for my starter even though I finished a bowl of free prawn crackers! A friendly and relaxed environment, I would highly recommend to anyone and would personally visit again. Thank you! one of the best meals I had whilst travelling throughout Holland :)

• Visited September 2013