“Good food, shabby interior”
Review of Mika - CLOSED

Mika
Cuisines: Korean
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Very close to the hotel I was staying, we decided to have dinner here, after getting a recommendation from a friend. When looking at the outside, it does not look like a restaurant. When walking in, it kind of looks like a cafetaria. However, the food is excellent. Very friendly staff, a lot of Asian clients (so it must be good) and as said, excellent food. Maybe a bit overpriced, but still worthwhile visiting.

1  Thank Robin J

Reviewed October 15, 2013

The food is more Korean than Japanese. It was of good quality and big helpings. We ended up sharing since it was too much for one person! From the outside it does not look great, but the staff are very friendly and the location is very close to the tram stop and convenient.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Indeed, by the look of the building I would never go here and even finding the door is challenging. Inside it is like any other neiboroughhood restaurant, except here I was the only tourist in the middle of loud and cheerful koreans. Service was frienly and in no time I got my spice pork in front of me. It was excellent. Be aware that many of the dishes on the list are ment for two or more. Bit expensive in the evenings but lunch offer was ok. Definetly will go again.

Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Not the most welcoming looking building, but it was recommended by the staff at the Holiday Inn Express, so I gave it a try and was not disappointed.
Good food, good service and friendly staff (and I'll echo an earlier review, spicy means spicy!).
I will be visiting again.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I lunched at Mika's regularly and again last week. The new owner has changed a few things so i thought it worth mentioning.
The cook is the same bloke so the quality of the food is excellent - and stays excellent. Very good. It is Korean place technically but the dishes sway from Thai through Japanese to Korean - and I absolutely love it.
The lunch prices have been reduced(!) recently and have been made slightly simpler - but they are still a proper meal for anyone with a serious hunger.
The service is very friendly and makes you feel quite at home.
Excellent place - although the inside could do with a lick of paint......