“origional thai food” 5 of 5 stars

Songkran
Ranked #801 of 3,435 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Jordaan
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“origional thai food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

excellent thai food. The best I have eaten in a long time. Its always a plus to see the kitchen staff are from the origin country.
I recomment this restaurant to all people who want to eat original thai food.
I will go there each time I want to eat thaifood.
enjoy it and share the thoughts.
Stephan

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Average and Slow”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

We visited here recently and liked the look of it. we usually visit Billys or Kinaree.

The service was slow and our order came wrong in 2 aspects - on the starter and another mix up on the rice/noodles order with the main, I did ask the lady still to bring the rice still but it never came. The food when it arrived was not great, the fishcakes were sweaty, the beef in the massaman quite tough.

Having said all of this the price was reasonable by Amsterdam standards, service friendly, in fact the host is very good and a very nice man, and we just didn't feel we wanted to complain on the night.

Visited January 2014
Canada
“Delicious real Thai!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

This place has fantastic Thai food. Some of the best I've had outside Thailand and reasonable prices. It is pretty tiny and nothing fancy but delicious. We had soup, papaya salad, pad thai, a curry and 3 beers for about $50 Euros. Big portion sizes. Definitely worth a visit!!

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
Vancouver, Canada
“Great Thai Amsterdam”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I've talked about writing reviews on restaurants in the past but this one has moved me to write my first review. This a great family run Thai restaurant, it's great for casual dinning. I've been to many Thai restaurants in Vancouver and this one is comparable. It's just a few minutes out of the city centre but is worth the effort for affordable good Thai food. I hope this place succeeds and is here the next time I visit Amsterdam.

• Visited October 2013
“Flavorful Thai restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

During our stay in Amsterdam, we ate at this restaurant twice, tasty, authentic, all around great. We tried six different dishes and each one one was superb.

• Visited October 2013