“The half chicken was divine,”
Review of Grandcafe Hermes

Cuisines: European, French
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sloterdijk
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I went to the restaurant because I was staying at the Holiday Inn next door. I ordered the half roasted chicken in a skillet, and I must say, it was hands down the best meal I’d had in Amsterdam. I can’t recommend it enough. The side dish of fries was also delicious.

Date of visit: June 2019
grandcafehermes, Eigenaar at Grandcafe Hermes, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I was staying across the street for a meeting and I walked across for a quick and late dinner. The service was nice enough - typical Dutch coolness. I ordered fries and the spicy Mexican beef. Fries were a small portion and just ordinary. The beef was spicy, flavorful and delicious. The only problem? Very salty. VERY SALTY. It would be a 4 star review without all that salt. I would go back here just to give them another shot.

Date of visit: June 2019

Reviewed June 12, 2019

Stayed at the Holiday Inn opposite for a few nights. Tried this restaurant one night but it was closed, which was a pity because the following night ( which unfortunately ) was our last found the restaurant open and enjoyed what I considered to be the best meal we had during our stay. I order the ribs and can honesty say the were the best I have tasted in a long time. The local dark beer was also most enjoyable. Would return again and again, staff and owner very friendly and attentive. Definitely recommend a visit or two.

Date of visit: April 2019

Reviewed June 3, 2019

We visited this place as we were staying at one of the near by hotels who recommended it. The meal was fabulous and staff very friendly. We enjoyed it so much we went back a second time.

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed May 10, 2019

We had a group traveling together staying at a nearby hotel. We selected the restaurant for its location. Didn't expect much but the food was amazing, everyone enjoyed their meal. Exceptional attention from the owner and servers with good advice on food choices. If we'd been there longer, we would definitely have gone again. I'd highly recommend.

Date of visit: April 2019
grandcafehermes, Eigenaar at Grandcafe Hermes, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2019