“Unexpectedly good” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grandcafe Hermes

Grandcafe Hermes
Reserve with
Grandcafe Hermes is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #313 of 3,725 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Dutch, Bar, European
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Athens, Greece
“Unexpectedly good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

When I asked the hotel , where can I eat at this time , the told me the Hermes serves good food. We'll , not it does serve good food with a friendly smile but it made go for the second evening also. I stayed at Sloderdijk station to a hotel and despite that the area has nothing around , the Hermes brasserie is an oasis.
Good food , friendly stuff and a very friendly owner also.
I recommended.

Visited January 2014

• Korean first
Vancouver, British Columbia
“Nice ambience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

Food is great but expensive. Staff is very professional, service was fast. Nice ambience and within walking distance of the Holiday Inn Express

Visited December 2013
“Cheap lux”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

Don't let the outside fool you, fantastic food and atmosphere inside, even though the building need a quick shine outside. Love it!

Visited December 2013
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Albayati K”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

Every thing excellent; very very friendly staff, very very tasty beer and very very delicious food, I recommend any Amsterdam's guest should come to enjoy.

• Visited December 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Simply the very best with a friendly, family atmosphere ...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

I have been visiting this incredible restaurant for the past three years. I travel 10+ months a year throught Europe, Asia, South America and the US ... I eat approximately 90% of my meals outside my home. Do not get me wrong, I am not complaining ... I see the world in ways many never will ... and I experience meals all over the world ... typically, I never looked forward to my culinary experiences in ND, love the people, the culture, and have many friends here (and from here - like Keese in BKK) ... and I have eaten spare ribs all over the planet with notable meals in the US, Japan, Brazil and Canada ... but nowhere ... not anywhere ... has spare ribs that are consistently tender,delicious and seemingly constantly getting better every time I am fortunate enough to be able to dine there ... I only get here 5-7 times a year ... but this restaurant is so good ... I stay at the Holiday Inn next door rather than many other options just because of it's close proximity to the Grandcafe Hermes ... and Peter and his staff are like family ... they remember you, care for your dining experience and are passionate in what they do ... you can pay more (a lot) ... but you will never dine better ... the spare ribs alone are worth the price of coming to Amsterdam ... Thank you Peter!

• Visited December 2013