“Cheap lux”
Review of Grandcafe Hermes

Grandcafe Hermes
Reserve with
Grandcafe Hermes is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #430 of 4,190 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: European, French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Don't let the outside fool you, fantastic food and atmosphere inside, even though the building need a quick shine outside. Love it!

Reviewed December 20, 2013

Every thing excellent; very very friendly staff, very very tasty beer and very very delicious food, I recommend any Amsterdam's guest should come to enjoy.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

I have been visiting this incredible restaurant for the past three years. I travel 10+ months a year throught Europe, Asia, South America and the US ... I eat approximately 90% of my meals outside my home. Do not get me wrong, I am not complaining ... I see the world in ways many never will ... and I experience meals all over the world ... typically, I never looked forward to my culinary experiences in ND, love the people, the culture, and have many friends here (and from here - like Keese in BKK) ... and I have eaten spare ribs all over the planet with notable meals in the US, Japan, Brazil and Canada ... but nowhere ... not anywhere ... has spare ribs that are consistently tender,delicious and seemingly constantly getting better every time I am fortunate enough to be able to dine there ... I only get here 5-7 times a year ... but this restaurant is so good ... I stay at the Holiday Inn next door rather than many other options just because of it's close proximity to the Grandcafe Hermes ... and Peter and his staff are like family ... they remember you, care for your dining experience and are passionate in what they do ... you can pay more (a lot) ... but you will never dine better ... the spare ribs alone are worth the price of coming to Amsterdam ... Thank you Peter!

1  Thank Gregg K
Reviewed November 25, 2013

The food was delicious and the staff was very friendly.
Place was clean and the atmosphere was good.
Kinda felt like i was "home"
I will definitly come back some day!

Reviewed November 19, 2013

has the feel of real family run restaurant, good hearty food - brilliant value, and even better beer. The service is great. I had the prawn starts served in delicous chilli sauce. Dont waste your time going into centraal, when this is at your doorstep. Brilliant.

1  Thank Hiteche B