“Ok food, slightly overpriced compared to others”
Review of Pata Negra II

Pata Negra II
Reserve with
Pata Negra II is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,075 of 4,225 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We visited here one Sunday afternoon after reading a good review on spotted by locals blog, we were the only ones inside so it had no atmosphere at all, there were about 3 tables taken outside. The waiter was very nice and went through the menu with us as it's only in Spanish, I could make out some tapas names! Compared to other tapas I thought it was overpriced, we ordered 6 tapas which were good, the chorizo was very tasst and quite a large portion. We also got potatoes but they were just small roast style potatoes with thick overbearing sauce, I can't even remember the other dishes so they must not have been that great. I ordered calamari but it did not come with the other dishes, as it didn't come 5 minutes later I asked to cancel the calamari and the waiter was fine with this, I thought this was nice as I don't think many other restaurants would do this. I would not rush back, my husband was still hungry when we left. I think there are much better restaurants to visit. The worst thing about this place was that my wine was served in a tiny little glass, not good for me.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

I have been to Pata Negra before, but this time with a group of 20 colleagues.
We were no easy to handle but we were taken care of really good. Food was good as always, unfortunately on the tortilla was not cooked well, but after mentioning this we got a new one in 5 minutes. I really enjoy eating here and will for sure come again.

1  Thank Marzetta
Reviewed August 27, 2013

we used to go to Pata Negra all the time a few years ago, and back here we went back to have some Tapas. First the prices went up like crazy, and the Jamon Pata Negra is just too expensive now (18 euros for one portion),tortilla almost 8 euros now which is not raisonable for a dish made with eggs and potatos.. the sepia a la plancha, my favourite was left to cook too long and had a burnt after taste, and the skin was brown, the waiter said that this is how the cook does it, so if i am not happy then i i can have calamares (deep fried ) instead.. very very desappointed, house wine was so-so. we were seating outside and really there are too many tables, it is just super hot and very very loud out there, the waiters keep bumping into the tables...there are a lot of new restaurant in the area we have already found better place to eat!

Reviewed August 17, 2013

The service leaves a lot to be desired, The tapas are of a poor quality, possibly due to the fact that the owners are not Spanish, and very expensive. The bar also seems to have a problem with hygene. One visit was one too many.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Spent a long weekend in Amsterdam and decided to eat here as it was close to our hotel. Had pre-booked a table and on arrival was busy, but had a spare table for two outside, which we were given. Then that was it for the next 30 mins....no menus or offers of drinks until we eventually made an obvious point of signalling a waitress. This set the tone for service for the rest of the meal. When we eventually ordered, the food came out rapidly however we wish it hadn't! The lamb chops very fatty and dry, the prawns were clearly frozen and old, meatballs of tasteless mush (unsure how they kept their shape!) and very greasy chorizo. We also got an additional chicken dish that we hadn't ordered which was actually not terrible and the dip that came with the bread was a particular highlight!
Overall very poor and every other meal we had in Amsterdam was far far better!