WINNER WONDERLAND

Thai Phutakun
Ranked #60 of 3,556 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Farnborough, United Kingdom
“Good food - well priced for Amsterdam”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

Thai Phutakun offers good Thai food - make sure you book because they do get very busy and were turning people away when we were there. I'd give the ambience maybe a 7 out of 10. It's very small and dark and you are sat very close to other people but the food does make up for this. It is well priced compared to other restaurants in Amsterdam. I liked it but not sure it was special enough for our city break away.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

• Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“No need to go to Thailand for Thai food, it's right here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

We visit Thailand quite often, as you will see from my previous reviews, and I like the Thai food right there, where it came from - or when I cook it in my own kitchen, with a little global cuisine twist. We came here because I had a major craving for Tom Yum, and it was exactly what I wanted. The restaurant is quite cosy and looks out on a busy pedestrian street. The staff is super friendly and the food that we tried was really tasty. I particularly liked the Tom Yum, the mixed seafood in sweet and spicy sauce and their side of fried noodles with veggies. Even remembering it already makes me want to go back! They even have Thai beer- Singha and Chang! What more could you ask for?

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank Vonkhan
Province of Alicante, Spain
“Fresh and Delicious Pad Thai”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

I picked up pad thai from Thai Phutakun while in Amsterdam, and was not one bit disappointed. The dish was flavourful and extremely delicious: I LOVED it! I can't speak to the ambiance of eating in the restaurant, but I loved how the kitchen was just behind the front counter and you could see and smell all that was being cooked. I would definitely return for another meal if I'm ever in Amsterdam again!

Visited February 2014
3 Thank PinkKT
Nicosia, Nicosia, Cyprus
“Amazing Thai food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

The food was absolutely delicious, it is definitely a place we will go back to upon our next visit to Amsterdam.

Visited February 2014
3 Thank Anchi M
UK
“Quirky”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

If you saw this place from the outside you might just walk by and it is unusual but great. The food was copious and freshly made and flavoursome,Erics our waiter was helpful with suggestions from the menu and although the wine list was limited to white rose or red it went well with the food! We had a lovely evening.

Visited March 2014