“Delicious and cozy”

Verhulst
Ranked #1,334 of 3,814 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Dutch, Bar, European, Pub, International
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Museum Quarter (Museumkwartier)
Austin, TX
“Delicious and cozy”
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

I had to eat on my own so I wanted someplace where I thought I might fit in. This place is small but well lit and very comfortable. I selected the pasta of the day and it was outstanding - made with wild mushrooms and served with arugula and large shavings of well aged Parmesan. A small but delicious salad accompanied the entree.

Good beer selection too.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank SoWhatley

Jacksonville, Florida
“Friendliest staff ever, incredible food”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

This is a tiny little casual cafe that packs a punch. When we arrived there were probably 20 people around the bar all talking . We were with a big smile and seated quickly. Our server was a super nice young man full of suggestions and lots of charm. He helped us with choices and then proceeded to tell us about Amsterdam in general and it's foods. when I remarked about an item that was delicious he told me all about this being the well known company and even wrote it down on a piece of paper so i could google it. Later he came back with some information and had copied their order form etc from the internet and gave it to me. This was not an item they make so it wasn't getting money to them!
I had the white asparagus soup with smoked trout which was wonderful. The smoked trout was delicious and just a perfect hint of flavor not too over powering and the presentation beautiful. I had the shrimp croquettes which came with a huge bowl of french fries (and of course mayonnaise) and a salad. I could have shared it but it was so good.
If you are in this area you should stop by for a beer or dinner, such a quaint place .

Visited May 2013
1 Thank ellenl7958
Market Drayton, United Kingdom
“My favourite bar, restaurant and 'mine host' in Amsterdam”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I work in Amsterdam several times a year and on my first visit 3 years ago, my husband and I found Hans in his lovely bar in the residential part of town near our hotel. It has become our favourite place to eat, drink and make merry whenever we are there. The food is home cooked, reasonably priced and incredibly tasty. The staff are all friendly and helpful and I look forward to being welcomed back like an old friend whenever we arrive. A superb social experience all round. Thank you Hans and Nicole!

• Visited October 2012