“One of my best meals in Amsterdam”
Review of Senses Restaurant

Senses Restaurant
Reserve with
Senses Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 4,361 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Description: Senses is a warm and intimate restaurant with an open kitchen where 'food art' that ignites the senses is created. Chef Lars Bertelsen specialises in creating unconventional menus, which highlight the culinary artistry of the chef and his team. His menus all tell a story and contain unexpected combinations. The dishes are made using the freshest seasonal and where possible, sustainable ingredients. Let your senses be stimulated and opt for the unexpected. Choose from the weekly alternating 3 to 7-course surprise menu and embark on your own voyage of discovery. Chef Lars Bertelsen and his team look forward to giving you a tantalizing and delightful culinary experience!
Reviewed August 16, 2014

I live in Amsterdam and we after being in the shortlist for a while, we decided to try Senses. And it was an excellent decision: the restaurant is central, but better than that the food is delicious and the service outstanding.
All the dishes are beautifully presented: nice design and very good biological ingredients. The waitress asked us for any possible food allergies and was always present and very nice. We started with a tuna salad: and it is not just a salad. Grilled tuna with a delicious sauce and with tuna tartar. After that we were served a very good black Angus steak: with courgette, asparagus, delicious crispy potatoes and with a tender meat. For dessert we ate craime brulee with fruits and chocolate ice cream, Don't expect big quantities and go there with time: slow food concept. the decoration was nice: kind of a lounge and stylish bar with a few tables.
we will be back to Senses again for sure

Write a ReviewReviews (1,502)

Reviewed August 11, 2014

This was convenient as only 3 doors from where we were staying. Only had a small but variable menu and we ate there twice. I had sliced beef cooked perfectly, with salad, and my wife had grilled fish. I of finished off with dessert - chocolate cake and mousse ( flavoured with Jack Daniels) - to die for!

Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

OMG!! This restaurant was the best!!! We had the surprise menu and it was awesome. . The staff and the chef were excellent , they took great care of us!! And I appreciate it everything. This was definitely a night to remember! !

Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

We only came across Senses by searching for quirky restaurants close to Rembrandtplein, and didn't really know what to expect, but it was awesome. Highlights were the food - very tasty and fab flavours. Odd combinations that work, and surprise you. My partner opted for the 3 course surprise menu at €36 which is excellent value. I wasn't adventurous enough but did enjoy 3 courses of fantastic choices. The restaurant itself is a highlight, very modern, clean and good ambience. Lowlights - the heat. No air con which made it uncomfortable, and long wait between choosing and courses. We arrived at 7:30pm and left at 10pm which was due to delays between courses. One minor issue with my main dish was 2pieces of chicken under cooked. I did highlight this to our server who promptly apologised, and gave us free glasses of dessert wine. This hasn't put us off, and I'm sure we'll return on our next visit.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

We dropped in for lunch and it was a great choice. The courses were delicious. The service was very good and they had some great wines as well.