“Chilling out with a nice view”
Review of Canvas

Canvas
Ranked #1,744 of 3,955 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Chilling out with a nice view”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I visited the place with colleagues and I was a bit puzzled by the entrance, as I never thought there could be any sort of bar or restaurant in there. When the elevator doors open you find yourself in a quite groovy place with groovy people. We sat on the terrace, where the view is just amazing from the 7th floor. The food was fairly nice and did not take too long compared to the Dutch average. The music in the backgroud was quite weird, sort of Folk, but bearable and not too loud! Pity it's shutting down to leave place to a hotel.

• Visited July 2013

Perth, Australia
“Hipster place but what a view”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

My sister and I often go here when I visit her in Amsterdam. It is a laid back bar/cafe. We've never been at night, but it seems like a good place to go for a night of dancing.

The outside seating has nice views over Amsterdam. The food is ok, although the apple pie is very sweet. They have heaps of different drinks, although I always miss that they don't have soy milk for your coffee. It seems like a soy milk type of place.

• Visited May 2013
“Surprisingly nice venue”
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

My wife, daughter and I ate here a couple of times when in Amsterdam. The food was a cut above most of the local fayre and reasonably priced. The 7th floor location gives a great view I'm told but we couldn't see it through the mist not that this detracted from our meals. Limited choice of wine but that is only a minor quibble. If we're back in Amsterdam we will eat here again.

1 Thank Duthac
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Good try but not quite there”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

The super friendly staff can't make up for the unremarkable food.
I hadn't expected semi-cold fries, but the meat dish I had was rather acceptable.

Visited February 2012