“An extremely high standard of cooking.” 5 of 5 stars

Willems
Ranked #374 of 3,332 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: European, French, Dutch
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Museum Quarter (Museumkwartier)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“An extremely high standard of cooking.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Based on one visit on a reasonably quiet evening, this was a real treat. The food was excellent, and all in all a superb dining experience. We were served by a young person, who, despite first-night jitters met every expectation and performed in a pleasant and professional manner.

Definitely worth a visit!

Visited November 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Local Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

We had a fabulous Friday night dinner at Willems. I loved the simple but pretty setting on a quiet street in the Oud-Zuid area of Amsterdam. My dining companion had the set menu, which changes weekly, and was delicious and a great deal. I splurged on the chicken liver parfait which was rich in that yummy way it should be and the steak with frites and bearnaise- the meat was cooked to perfection and the sauce was incredibly flavorful. I highly recommend this neighborhood spot!

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
“Happy to have found Willems”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

I was so happy to have found Willems on my last stay in Amsterdam. The restaurant staff was exceedingly polite and helpful. Recommendations were sincere and appreciated from my point of view. The menu was diverse and I enjoyed the evening. I will make certain that Willems is on my list for my next return to this city.

• Visited November 2013
Sun City Center, Florida, USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Willemstad”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Excellent cuisine, service great. Small and intimate and open on Sunday. Friendly staff. Recommended by a local.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Ottsie
Brandon, Canada
“Not to be missed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

We were fortunate to be staying close to this restaurant during the week we were in Amsterdam, so we went twice, and had excellent culinary experiences both times.
As other reviewers have mentioned, the menu is short (5 appetizers, 5 main courses) but we found that reassuring, especially after sampling the food! Mark, the manager, told us that the menu was limited in order to ensure quality, and boy, was he right!
Everything that our party of three ordered was, simply put, exquisite, from the steak tartare to the snapper with red curry foam. (The chef came out to give us the recipe for the foam - you find it on several dishes, flavored variously with olives, curry and a variety of other tastes.)
The menu changes weekly, and it has proved to be a popular spot in this appealing residential neighborhood (a short walk from the Concertgebouw), so go early or reserve.

• Visited October 2013