Reasonnable stay in a nice looking appartment that revealed some problems:
1. The staff - Very young andincompetent. We stayed for 4 nights and for everytime we left or arrived there was a different person at the reception . We had two reservations of 2 nights each and sent an email one month before our arrival asking them to gather them, so that we would not have to change appartment during both stays. By email we received an immediate confirmation. The night we arrived we asked that to the receptionist and he didn't know that but he told us to rest assured that there would be no problem. The next day morning we warned another receptionist of that. She knew nothing of the subject but told us to rest assured that there would be no problem. The next day morning, the same film: rest assured that there will be no problem. At night, when we arrived, our electronic key didn't allow us to enter our appartment!! Hello: what had they been doing? I had to go to the reception and beg for new keys, which I got, but 5 minutes later the receptionist called us at the appartment that we needed to check-in again, give our names again, show our documents again, which we refused. What had they been doing with our requests the previous days?? Another strange thing was that at check-in they asked us for a 250/350€ deposit for damages in the apartment or an ID card to keep in the safe until the check-out. The day we left we called the reception asking if they wanted to come upstairs and check the apartment: the receptionist seemded surprised and immediately asked if somethisn wrong had happened. I informed him that nothing had happened but htat as they had our ID in the safe, we needed it to leave. What was all that story of keeping the ID card if nobody checked anything?
2. The bedrooms - Great decoration, a little minimal (a chair would be nice), with original wallpaper (replica of famous paintings in the Rijkmuseum!), each bedroom had a large private bathroom (great), but beds gave us terrible nights because matresses were too soft!...
3. The open plan kitchen - Smelled terribly of fat, which made the whole appartment stink the same!... A little aeration when customers leave the appartment would be fine, so would the use of an air freshener! Minimal stock of chinaware (no saucers for cups, but cups were too many!!), pots, pans or utensils (we felt like they wanted to test our cooking skills...). Very low standards in what concerns cleanliness:china was filthy, looking like it hab been taken from the dishwasher without being washed at all!
Besides this, apartments were originally decorated, very quiet, the internet was good, the area has absolutely no interesting features at all but the fact that it was only a 3 minute walk to the Sloterdijk railway station.
We were 4: 2 adultas and two teenage boys.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- City Identity Apartments is very proud to present our first venue: AMSTERDAM IDENTITY APARTMENTS! By keeping authentic artistic design and production in own hands City Identity Apartments creates apartments with an authentic local identity of Amsterdam, a unique apartment hotel where people enjoy staying. 94 Beautifully designed apartments ranging from 25 to 68m² in size extend over three floors. Twice the size for the price of one hotel room; studio, one-, two- or three bedroom apartments, twin beds in each bedroom, multiple bathrooms per apartment, a unique living area and a fully equipped kitchen. All apartments are fully equipped with everything today's travelers expect for a perfect business stay. In every one of our hotel-apartments you will experience the unique cultural richness that Amsterdam has to offer. From Rembrandt to modern stencil art, from a view over Amsterdam canals to the specific Amsterdam building facades. The interior design of our apartments boasts the unique elements of the city of Amsterdam and it's historic background, with artistic design to create a warm, contemporary elegant atmosphere. Above all, Amsterdam Identity Apartments is situated within 200 metres from Sloterdijk station, within 15 minutes distance from Schiphol Airport, The World Trade Centre, Rai Exhibition center and less than 6 minutes from the central station in the buzzing city center of Amsterdam. Furthermore our 24-hour reception services at Amsterdam ID apartments satisfy the demands of international business & leisure travelers who enjoy eye for detail and the private services of our team. A fully equipped Fitness Studio, Sauna and the Dutch Lounge complete your comfortable stay at Amsterdam ID Apartments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Amsterdam ID Aparthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.