I must admit that you don't get a great feeling when you first walk into jan broedelstraat since it's a little secluded and away from all the action. But the feeling melted the moment we started talking to Rhalf and Kitty. They are really nice people who go out of their way to ensure their guests have a great holiday.
1) Rooms: very atmospheric with the baseman bike perched on the wall. Lovely sit out balcony in one of the rooms. Extremely tastefully done. Spacious room and a very comfortable low bed.
2) Amenities: very efficient toilet and shower and sauna. Sharing it with the other room occupants was something we were ready for so no problem. Fridge, microwave, lovely bikes and small little things like maps, chargers, umbrellas etc lent to us. Great wifi.
3) Breakfast: brilliant. Loved the pancakes, the brioche and the generous toppings.
4) Service: felt very well looked after. Rhalf and Kitty are great hosts. Thanks for cleaning the room so well when we were out. The small touches were evident. Rhalf took a lot of time to explain the city, it's attractions and made great recommendations on museums, drinking and shopping.cheers.
5) location: very good eventually since the empty streets could be used in practising some cycling. The tram line is a minutes walk and you will be in the centre in no time.
6) Others: they have an awesome music collection. And a great sense of humour too.
Will recommend this place to anyone going to amsterdam.
Nidhi and Vinay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Amsterdam, bicycle capitol of the world. Bed and Breakfast Amsterdam West is as you might have guessed on the West Side of town. The centre of town with all touristic attractions and museums is 15-20 minutes by bicycle or public transport. ABOUT US: B&B Broedelet 35 is run by a family with a fascination for wheels and bicycles in particulair. The house, build in the early 60's, hosts a collection of unique bicycles designs and other collectables.ROOMS: - Comfortable private room with big twin bed. The rooms are located downstairs overlooking the canal behind the house. The guest bathroom and toilet are on the same level. B&B Broedelet has 2 guest rooms and can accommodate 4 guests. You will have your own front door key. The B&B has it's own entrence.- High-Speed wireless internet- Check-in and check-out times are flexibleINCLUDING: - Tea and coffee - Simple and nutritious breakfast - Shower gel, shampoo, tooth paste and towels - Cleaning fee- Our service. We will be happy to help you out with questions you might have regarding directions to restaurants, musea, clubs, bars and shops.Enjoy your stay in Amsterdam. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Bed and Breakfast Amsterdam West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.