“Excellent”
Review of Sir Albert Hotel

Sir Albert Hotel
Ranked #38 of 374 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed the experience of the Sir Albert. First class room and facilities, excellent staff, and I enjoyed the experience of the De Pjip area. Easy access to town, but some excellent bars and restaurants in easy walking distance.

I would absolutely recommend.

998 - 1,004 of 1,393 reviews

Reviewed November 1, 2013

I booked this through last minute.com as one of their secret hotels, It was a really good price so i wasnt expecting much. But wow i was impressed. The location is Average ... 30min walk or bout 4/5 stops on the tram to the centre/dam square. But the De Pijp area is a nice experience too, really nice bars and restaurants and the market.
We were greated at reception with a glass of champagne, easy of check in, and escorted to our room. It was my partners bday which i had mentioned in the booking not thinking anything off, and they wrote a happy bday message on paper and the tv, and left balloons on our bed. The bed was so big and comfy and the bathrobes and slippers were a treat, as was the double ended bath and luxerous shower. So helpful as well, the best hotel ive stayed in so far.... and ive stayed in approx 50so far this year

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank charlie g
Reviewed November 1, 2013

We've just come back from a weekend in Amsterdam and stayed at the Sir Albert for the first time. We received a lovely welcome from the staff upon arrival, were checked-in really quickly and offered two complementary glasses of prosecco (which we enjoyed in the very relaxing lounge). We’d booked a Deluxe Double which was well-designed, making the room seem larger than it was. Super comfy beds, a brilliant shower (you’ll want to stay in there for as long as possible) and a very quiet setting (whilst we were on the first floor we faced onto a courtyard). However, there were some not so perfect aspects. As others have pointed out the toilet and shower are effectively in the room, so if you’re a couple on your first weekend away this might be less than ideal, and the sound quality on the TV was a bit hit and miss.

The bar on the ground floor was great (good music & excellent cocktails) but the restaurant itself was poor. We had lunch on our first day, and after the main course dishes had been collected service really dropped off. We became invisible and struggled to get a copy of the menu again. Once we did have it (following a change in service) we had the same problem again when trying to place our order, and in the end gave up. We experienced similar issues at breakfast where we were seated and then ignored, having to get the breakfast menu ourselves from another table. The food wasn't particularly good either (the baked beans were missing from my ‘Full English’ and my partner’s Eggs Benedict looked dry and unappetising).

It was as if the two parts of the hotel were run as separate businesses – almost a split personality. We’ll definitely be back, but will certainly be eating elsewhere.

Room Tip: The Deluxe Rooms are a good size.
2  Thank IdyllicTraveller
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here as a family with two rooms and we thoroughly enjoyed every minute. Very well located, this boutique hotel has it all. Nice staff, excellent and stylish rooms and above all a great restaurant on the ground floor (independently run). Truly nice experience in a nice and cosy atmosphere. Highly recommendable!

Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I was in Europe on business and spending the weekend in Amsterdam. I needed a hotel that would be nice and comfortable, but not too expensive since my company would be paying. The weekend I was there was also when the Amsterdam Marathon and another large dance conference was taking place so most of the hotels were booked in the city. After a lot of searching I came across the Sir Albert Hotel. The price looked good and location, while not in the city center, looked close enough to the sites that I thought I would give it a shot. I made the right call! The hotel ended up being very nice. The service was first class...the rooms were interesting (modern designs) and comfortable...and the location ended up being perfect since it was close to the museum area. I would definitely come back and strongly recommend this hotel.

Only downside was the restaurant in the hotel. I tried to eat dinner there, but the staff was very unfriendly and was reluctant to even allow me to sit at the bar (they were crowded).

Room Tip: I was given a ground floor room which looks right out on the street (I kept my curtains closed). Ma...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I had spent many hours on the internet looking at reviews of hotels in Amsterdam, just wanting to get the right one. I found Sir Albert by chance and what a gem! It was fantastic,so easy to get to just hop on the 16 tram and get of at stop 6 and a 2 min walk. We were welcomed with a glass of prosecco and showed to our room. It was very comfortable and the bedding the best I have slept in. The area around is great lots of small restaurants and a cafe or two. It is only a 10 min walk to all the museums and shops. If you want to head to the centre another 10/15min walk but there is so much around the hotel we really only visited Dam square once.
If you are looking for some advice,book Sir Albert and hopefully you will have a fantastic stay in Amsterdam as we did.

4  Thank Nicola C
Reviewed October 19, 2013

The Sir Albert is by far the best hotel I've stayed at in Amsterdam. I was there for two nights in October. The hotel is in De Pijp, just on the edge of the Museum district and out of the craziness of the centre, and it is a great location to explore one of the "hippest" neighbourhoods in the city. Rooms are minimalist, stylish, airy and have some great finishing touches - Nespresso machine, comfy bed, and a personal message from Sir Albert! Cosy lounge, free wifi and very helpful staff. Plus an excellent restaurant on the ground floor - Izakaya.

1  Thank andih