“Lovely boutique hotel in Amsterdam”

Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht
Ranked #15 of 373 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed August 24, 2014

Great location, excellent service, fantastic food. We enjoyed our weekend stay in Amsterdam, and the hotel did it´s part. Don´t miss the complimentary wine in the library between 5 and 7PM. Great idea and a good way to have a conversation with other guests.

Review collected in partnership with Andaz
GM-AndazAMS, General Manager at Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2014

Dear Christian G,
Great to hear that you liked your stay in our hotel and thank you for the nice review!
I hope you met nice fellow travelers in our librbary.
Maybe there is a chance we will be able to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed August 20, 2014

Perfectly located for central point in Amsterdam, close to Parks and museums. Canal view room are quite nice with spacious rooms and charming views. Great shower even by American standards. The service is the best anywhere in Amsterdam, the staff is quite attentive to any need.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Beautiful custom boutique hotel. Great energy. Almost stayed at The Toren, glad I choose The Andaz. Great food, cocktails, service by all staff was first class. Lovely rooms, super shower, decor was unique and so well thought out, wonderful mix of modern and traditional. Loved the open concept kitchen. Very romantic hotel my husband and I would go back in a heart beat. We've had the pleasure of staying in many first class hotels, The Ritz Carlton in Half Moon Bay is one of my favorites, many Las Vegas Hotels including the Bellagio, Wynn, Nobu etc. this Hotel rates right up there. Well done Hyatt.

2  Thank Heather P
Reviewed August 18, 2014

I was staying in Amsterdam for Sunday/Monday/Tuesday and Andaz was offering a 3rd night free after staying for one night. That sounded like a winning deal so I took them up on it. It was still a bit pricey even with the 3rd night but you just get so much value out of it: -Perfect location -Clean/cool rooms -Free breakfast, toiletries, bike rental, water, juice, coffee. -Excellent service and advice for touring the city The free stuff softens the blow of the price tag a decent bit and most importantly it saves time. They gave me free deodorant, toothpaste, and nail clippers which saved me a 20 minute round trip to the pharmacy, which is important when you only have say 50 waking hours in a new city. I feel I got elite bang for my buck, I doubt there's a significantly better hotel in the city.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo

Dear Dean D,
Thank you for booking our hotel and our "3 is a charm" offer for your recent trip to Amsterdam.
We are happy that you liked the hotel and its services. By the way, the necessities you got, you can get in every Hyatt. The program is called "Hyatt Has It".
See you next time and have a nice week.

Reviewed August 18, 2014

Great location, yummy breakfast, friendly staff, I love my Suite Room 218,cozy and hi tech ficilities, surprise everywhere!!! Also I like the happy hour time between 5:00 to 7:00pm in the library. I think this is the best and most stylish hotel in Amsterdam.

Reviewed August 16, 2014

Our current travels range from Prague to small towns in Spain. Amsterdam was a three day stop along the way. This was the best hotel of the trip which included such hotels as Hyatt and Four Seasons. What a warm, welcoming and friendly atmosphere right in the heart of these city with easy access to most sights just a walk away. The staff are amazingly friendly a courteous as well as being helpful. The room was comfortable; the decor a trifle odd which added to the charm of the place. My only complaint was that the breakfast buffet was too expensive to take part in but there is plenty of food and COFFEE outside the hotel and two bridges away. The hotel was a little hard to find at night because the numbering system for the houses and businesses is not consistent on both sides of the Princengracht St. That, of course, is beyond the hotel's control and intrinsic to the city itself. Anne Franks house, Rijksmuseum etc are all just a short walk away. Their latte's are weak and small but there is a Starbucks nearby to start your day. Early AM taxi ride to the airport was 40 euros or so but trams and busses are nearby, as well. Loved this hotel; thank you Ingmar and others for making our stay so enjoyable! My family and I WILL be staying here again - Merlin

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
GM-AndazAMS, General Manager at Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2014

Dear Merlin,
Thank you very much for your lovely review. We are thrilled about your feedabck and happy that you enjoyed the city and our hotel. I will certainly pass on your feedabck to the Igmar and the Team. Please visit us soon again.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

We went to Andaz Amsterdam for our 1 year wedding anniversary and we're blown away by it! We were treated like stars and the staff were the friendliest I have encountered. What a beautiful weekend we had, all made extra special by the staff at Andaz Amsterdam.

Stayed: August 2014