“Best hotel I have ever stayed in!!”

Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht
Ranked #15 of 372 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Such a fantastic hotel. We were only in Amsterdam for 2 days and we found it very hard to part from the hotel !! The decor, staff, food, layout and location are all superb and the room was the best I have ever stayed in. So modern and stylish. Fantastic view of the canal. I would happily live there if I could afford it :)

Room Tip: We were lucky enough to have a canal view but the gardens are pretty too
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
GM-AndazAMS, General Manager at Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Hi Nicole L,
what a lovely review. Thank you very much. It was great to have you with us and, two days is way to short for Amsterdam. We would be very happy to have you back with us soon.
If you ever decide to live in Amsterdam, please let us know!

Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

Very nice hotel in the heart of Amsterdam. I love the Andaz priperties and this one was nothing but the best. We got a room with a view of the canal and we loved it. Almost didnt want to leave the room to explore the city. :-) We didn't have much time to explore the hotel but from what we saw, it looked very interesting. I like it that they preserved the connection with the library.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

There aren't enough superlatives for describing the Andaz Amsterdam. We normally stay at Four Seasons or Ritz Carlton properties, but took a chance on the Andaz and we're so glad we did. From the amazing architecture/decor (think W Hotel meets Andy Warhol) to the highly professional yet approachable staff to the perfect location (close to everything and anything you'll want to see/do in Amsterdam) the Andaz has no competition. I want to go back to Amsterdam just so I can stay here again. And don't miss the complimentary wine in the library from 5-7 pm.

Room Tip: The suite rooms on the back of the hotel are very generous, easily enough for a family of 4 or 5 wit...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
GM-AndazAMS, General Manager at Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Dear RobynD,
Thank you for staying with us and for your fantastic review. To be compared with the top in our industry is humbling and motivating at the same time. I hope we will be able to welcom you soon again at our hotel!

Reviewed March 13, 2014

I spent four days here on a business trip and while the location and rooms are very good. The standout features are the food and high quality staff. I would say that the standards of service and the overall friendliness of the staff was some of the best I have experienced on my travels. At all levels they were attentive, knowledgeable, friendly and very very efficient with a personalized touch at all times. Highly recommended and will be staying there for forthcoming personal and business stays.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

We spent 2 nights at the Andaz and we loved it .. Very stylish interior by a famous artist but also very comfortable rooms. We enjoyed the bar and restaurant super food but best of all was the quality of all of the staff .. Very responsive to customer's needs .. And no silly false "have a nice day" rubbish .. Just focused customer care .

The hotel is also in a great position to walk the city and our room overlooked the canal . Thank you Andaz for a very comfortable and enjoyable stay to celebrate our 60th birthday .

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Lizzyfa,
Than you for choosing Amsterdam and our hotel for your anniversary trip. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay. Amsterdam is always worth a trip. Why not have next years anniversary here again? We would be thrilled to have you with us again!

Reviewed March 12, 2014

From the moment I read an Andaz was opening in Amsterdam, I knew that was where I wanted to stay; and I wasn't disappointed! My stay was in April, 2013 and I apologize for the late review (thought I had already written one.)

First, all the employees are wonderful. From the email exchanges before our trip, the check in, housekeeping, foodservice staff; all the employees are friendly, knowledgable of the area and helpful. My husband was suffering from a bad back and housekeeping brought extra bedding, pillows and ice, anything we could think of that could help. The front desk sent up a doctor; everyone was so helpful and concerned. The front desk staff, whom act as the concierge as well, recommended some great restaurants in the area and were very helpful with suggestions for making our stay memorable.

The building is beautiful! Hip trendy lobby, beautiful fixtures, open bar area great for relaxing. Nice restaurant area, lovely courtyard. I love their open concept for checking in. It's more relaxing than standing in line and there was a civility to the process that worked. What I love most about the Andaz brand is they don't club you for extras; Nespresso machine in room, free snacks and non-alcoholic beverages in the mini bar, nightly wine hours and Wi-Fi. I wish all hotels would realize the good will of giving away a few bags of chips and a glass of wine!

We had a canal view room. It was small, but it was well appointed and offered everything we needed. The bed was comfortable and the pillows heavenly. There really is wallpaper in the toilet room full of fun Amsterdam facts to read; so quirky and genius!

The location is perfect for exploring all Amsterdam has to offer. There are a lot of restaurants, museums, squares and shopping all within walking distance of the Andaz. I would recommend this hotel over all the other choices simply based on the friendliness of their employees!

Room Tip: Pay extra for a canal view room because hey, it's Amsterdam and it's all about the canals!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lisatini1013

Dear Lisatini1013,
Thank you so very much for taking teh time to write your review about your stay at our hotel in 2013. Even one year later you remember your stay so well. We are greatly appreciating your kind words and hope to see you back in Amsterdam very soon.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Awesome location and architecture.
Very chic rooms and friendly staff.
Great design of the open kitchen in the main restaurant - making one feel at comfort.
Handy access to the city's key attractions is sure an advantage
Highly recommend!