4,297 results
All reviewsgolden tuliptram stopcity centresloterdijk stationgreat hotelcomfort roomcoffee machineunderfloor heatingnumber tramdam squaretram systemmini barpublic transportday passschiphol airporthotel barbuffet breakfast
Reviewed October 18, 2017 via mobile

2 nights at this hotel were lovely. It’s a 10 minute walk to the train station, or you can get a tram to it instead. The train takes 5 min max to get into Amsterdam Central. The room was clean and has a safe, drinks machine, tv, iron etc included. Also located around the corner from a Lidl store. Check in and out was very quick and easy as you were able to do it as self service. Would stay again.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2017

Reception staff were helpful and made a big effort to help me as I had a confusing booking as i wanted to have an extra person (my son) in room which meant a different allocated room with extra cost and then revert back to a double for my daughter on last night and I felt in the confusion re emails that i had been misled over cost. The staff were excellent and it was quickly and efficiently sorted out in my favour.
The breakfast though expensive was excellent - in fact one of the best I've ever had re choices and quality.
The reception staff (that I met) also had a sense of humour which was unusual but great.

Room Tip: I don't like heights or being on high floor - my ground floor bedroom was excellent.
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed October 15, 2017

This hotel is really shabby, with tired and torn furnishings. The worst point was the beer I ordered with supper, only to find out the following day that the hotel doesn't possess an alcohol licence. I'd been deceived into buying an alcohol beer and I hate being deceived.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
Shihotelgroup, Manager at XO Hotels Park West, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2017

Dear Mr Blackwell,

Thank you for completing the survey and leaving your review here on Tripadvisor, we love to receive feedback to improve our product.
First we would like to apologize for the fact your stay was not what you expected of it.

Our hotel is indeed completely non alcoholic. We inform all our guests through our own website but also on booking sites as Booking.com.
We also send out a welcome mail to you a few days before arrival, with information about our non-alcohol policy.
To provide our guests with a beer or wine, we have the non alcoholic version in a good quality.
We're sorry to hear you felt deceived, of course this was never our intention because we assume that our guests are well informed before arrival.

The minibars in the rooms will soon be replaced for refrigerators because we can not connect them to the electronical check in desks.

Unfortunately we cannot turn back in time, we can only send our apologies for this inconvenience and do hope you had a nice time in our lovely city.
If you do consider to choose again for our hotel in the future, we would like to ask you to mail us directly and refer to this mail, in order for us to make a nice offer for your next stay in Amsterdam.

Kind regards,

Conchita Beltrán

Reviewed October 14, 2017

Easy transport links. Quiet area. Room was clean and nicely presented with a good sized bathroom, plenty of cupboard space and toiletries. Only ate there one morning there were not many breakfast choices other than yoghurt, fruit, omelettes and tiny croissants.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room but its a quiet area anyway.
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 10, 2017 via mobile

I am a frequent traveler. I booked a 2-night non-refundable stay and guaranteed it with a credit card. The hotel sent me a link to pay directly to it which I did not know whether or not safe. I had to rush to a regatta and could not spend so much time; I wrote to the hotel to keep my booking. The hotel cancelled the booking unilaterally although the payment was guaranteed and it could draw funds from my credit card.

This is the worst attitude I ever met. Again, I travel 4 countries a week and I know what I say.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
Shihotelgroup, Director of Sales at XO Hotels Park West, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2017

Dear Fedor S,
Thank you for your feedback.
We offer a non refundable rate and in return for discount, we ask you to pay for your stay. As it is not safe for both you and us that we just charge the card given online, we sent you 5 minutes after the confirmation you got, an e-mail from the hotel with a paylink in it. You need to use this paylink to make the payment online, safe and easy. We give you 24 hours to make the payment.
As you did not pay, we cancelled your reservation.

We strongly advise to book with us directly to avoid such disappointment as you discribe. Not only because we give 10% discount on the daily rates, also because we can assist you better with our conditions when you book direct.

Hope to may assist you in the future,

Kind regards,