Location-wise, Golden Tulip might not offer the kind of ready access to Amsterdam Central that a tourist might want. Quality-wise, I would stack up Golden Tulip against any of the hotels in, or immediately around, Amsterdam Central. Well maintained and great quality, for a very reasonable price.
In a city like Amsterdam, having a hotel off the beaten path can hardly be considered a negative factor, given the maturity of the public transportation system. Golden Tulip is located near the Sloterdijk Train Station, which is simply one stop away from the Amsterdam Centraal Train station. Total ride time: 5 minutes.
Subtracting the negligible distance factor, Golden Tulip offers a range of amenities for the weary traveler...a spacious and modern room (at least by European standards), a restaurant with breakfast, a bar that is open late, and a large lobby with big screen TVs and computers.
Here are some of the highlights of the room itself:
- Up to date, large bathroom with a waterfall shower (shower head located directly above you, with a powerful flow)
- Cool N'Espresso coffee maker that actually outputs strong, decent coffee. Included are coffee discs of espresso and light coffee selections
- Automated touch screen system to indicate "Do Not Disturb" or "Ready to Clean"
Looking at the alternative, I could have gotten a hotel closer to the city. But, why? If it means paying more, having a hotel that is older and more worn, and not enjoying the same perks that Golden Tulip in Amsterdam West offered....I will surely "endure" the 5 minute train ride.
Thank you, Golden Tulip, for a very pleasurable stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Golden Tulip Amsterdam West welcomes you in Amsterdam! It has a restaurant which is open for breakfast and dinner, and a nice non-alcohol bar for lunch, bites and refreshments. The hotel has a lounge and business centre, two meeting rooms and a parking garage underneath the hotel. Situated just of exit 103 of the A10 ring way, Sloterdijk train station is just around the corner (5 min walk), and the city is only a tram ride away (15 min). Whether you come to our city for business or pleasure, by car or public transport, we are the ideal start of your trip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Golden Tulip Amsterdam West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.