My fiance and I visited the Golden Tulip Amsterdam West between the 12th and the 19th of February 2014, we almost had a great stay, I say almost because of two main reasons:
1. when we arrived to the hotel we found out that for some strange reason the hotel cancelled our reservation, we didn't understand why because we confirmed it via booking and even contacted the hotel directly through E-mail, but it happened, and it took the hotel between 10-15 minutes to check us in to a nice room, what was really disappointing was the fact that we were on vacation celebrating my fiance birthday and our anniversary, and although we asked the hotel to supply some treats for the check we had nothing waiting for us on our entire stay other then the knowledge that someone decided to cancel our reservation
2. During our entire stay (7 nights) our bed sheets were not changed once, even thou at some point they got dirty, housekeeping made sure to tidy them every day but never ever change them, for me this seemed to be a superior case of negligence to the housekeeping duty.
Other then those problems most of our stay was quite nice, the hotel looks very nice, we got a room on the 4th floor (out of 7) with a view, there is a reasonable price mini bar at the room and the breakfast buffet is very rich and tasty, tram 12 is right in front of the hotel so you can get anywhere you want in Amsterdam, most of the time you will need to connect to another tram thou.
most of the receptionists know enough to give you all sorts of valuable information you might need, we were a bit shocked thou, when at one of the evenings we wanted to book a tour for the day after and the receptionist stated "I am on night duty, we don't really know anything about tours because there are no tour sales at night, you should ask again at around 8:00 in the morning." Off course when we asked at the morning it was already too late to get a hotel pickup and we had to literally make haste to the tour company office near the central station so we would get to go on the tour.
Overall I would say that the hotel is quite nice but we would have had a great stay if they would try harder to make you feel they care for what you think.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Golden Tulip Amsterdam West welcomes you in Amsterdam! It has a restaurant which is open for breakfast and dinner, and a nice non-alcohol bar for lunch, bites and refreshments. The hotel has a lounge and business centre, two meeting rooms and a parking garage underneath the hotel. Situated just of exit 103 of the A10 ring way, Sloterdijk train station is just around the corner (5 min walk), and the city is only a tram ride away (15 min). Whether you come to our city for business or pleasure, by car or public transport, we are the ideal start of your trip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Golden Tulip Amsterdam West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.