“Brilliant hotel”

Hotel Golden Tulip Amsterdam West
Ranked #56 of 367 Hotels in Amsterdam
“Brilliant hotel”
Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel in May for our four night trip to Amsterdam. Absolutely cannot fault it at all, the rooms were amazing and the bed was so comfy! We had a huge room and bathroom including walk in shower. You can get two trams into the centre, make sure you buy the 72 hour pass as it's a lot cheaper to travel around rather than paying separate. We paid for breakfast one morning, it was expensive but definitely worth it. Also the staff were all really nice especially the bar lady! Great hotel :-)

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Christie M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (362)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed November 4, 2013

had a 2 night stay in this brilliant hotel.The standard rooms although not large are extremely comfortable with a superb walkin shower and bathroom,The room also has a neopresso machine and mini bar.

We enjoyed the evening buffet which had a great selection equally the breakfast sets you up for the day,highly recommended,

The location is a 2 tram ride to the dam centre and only takes 15 mins.

overall we really enjoyed this hotel and would use again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank anthony g
Reviewed November 4, 2013

My girlfriend and i stayed there for two nights during our trip to Holland. It is a nice business-style hotel. A bit far away from the city center but the pubic transports are very good. The staffs are very helpful and the buffet dinner looks delicious (although it is not cheap).

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Very nice hotel from the rooms to the food I can honestly bot fault it. The staff are very polite and helpful. 1 problem the locations would be nice if it was closer to central station but you cant have it all. Its only about 3 stops away on the tram. I recommend this hotel to family, couples and just about anyone.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Just returned yesterday from a lovely stay in Amsterdam and at this hotel. The hotel was faultless - clean, warm and friendly staff. Loved my room, bathroom with added extra of heated flooring.

The staff were great for giving directions. The facilities at this hotel was lovely free wifi, free PC's to use, bar, restaurant. I just wish I had gone in the summer so I could take advantage of the terrace and outside space. But now I know where to stay in Amsterdam I will definitely be back. Oh and the location was great too.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed November 2, 2013

First of all, the room is spacious and clean with free wifi. There is also a few computers and a free printer down at the lobby to use. We tried the buffet dinner as well and it was a great spread. However, there were two staff a female and a bold male at the check in counter who I feel they dislike asians. The day I check in, it was around 10am whereby i requested whether i could check in earlier, i've saw a few non asians in front of me who were able to check in but my request was denied. And I ask whether i can store my luggage, she ask me to hand it to the bartender, i know the storage is beside the bar but the bartender said it wasnt his job to do so. Smartly, i went to que at another counter again, this time i was served by a lovely lady who allowed me to check in. During check out, i had a flight at night so i had to store my luggage again, these staff do not have a proper storage assistant immediately. I've waited and went back to the same staff and ask are you going to store my luggage? He made a nasty comment in French(by the way i've learned French before so i know what you were saying idiot!) to another couple! Seriously, not too sure why these people discriminate Asian's, if we are not capable, we wouldn't even be travelling to Europe. But overall, these are the only two nasty people i've met in Amsterdam, the rest of them are friendly and it's really a lovely country =)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple