“Great hotel”

XO Hotels Park West
Ranked #64 of 374 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Stayed four nights in August. One of the best hotels we've been to. Rooms huge and luxurious. Service great even down to the receptionist following me out of the hotel to give back some money I'd accidentally over paid. Can't recommend highly enough.

1  Thank Mardi989

Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here for three nights in September. The hotel is beautiful! Spotlessly clean and modern but warm, cosy and friendly at the same time.
The room was lovely. I loved the nespresso machine. The beds were very comfortable and the shower was heaven.
The hotel is an 8 minute walk from the train station where you can hop on a train which will bring you to central station in 6 minutes.
The reception staff are very friendly and helpful and there is a vast variety of brochures available. We didn't eat at the hotel so I cannot comment on the food but I would highly recommend this hotel for a city break.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank chrissie86
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Stayed one night, got it on a deal, room and bathroom first class absolutely spotless. Staff pleasant and helpful. Breakfast was 15eu a bit pricey but you'll want for nothing .parking was 15eu per night and pint of Heineken in the bar was an eye watering 5.50 eu not sure I'd stay again as getting to the city centre is a bit off a chore and its 15 eu in a cab back.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Spent 3 nights here in August, as a base for visiting the city. Arrived at 9.30am after very early flights, and were able to have breakfast and then check-in at 10am, which was a great bonus. Decor is lovely, rooms were very comfortable, staff were friendly and helpful, and breakfast was good with lots of choice. Would be happy to recommend to anyone. We used info from other reviews regarding trams and trains to navigate our way around from here into the city, and were quite glad to be able to get back to this quieter part of town after the crowds around the Dam.

1  Thank kayfoster2
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I stayed here with my parents from 6th September for almost a week.
Staff: The booking terms clearly mentioned that a deposit was not required. The reception staff was very rude/insulting with my father and made him pay a deposit. Some reception staff do not understand English. Housekeeping staff was very helpful.
Facilities: My mom fell at Amsterdam Airport after which she was confined to a wheelchair for the entire trip. The hotel does not have a wheelchair, does not have adequate first aid supplies. They don't know where the nearest doctor is. They gave us an address for a wheelchair rental which was more than 45 minutes away and quoted the daily rental which was 6 times more than what we finally got a wheelchair for. We had to run around the city looking for a wheelchair, pharmacy and doctor.
Location: It will take you 30-45 minutes to get to Central Amsterdam in a Tram. You will have to change 2 Trams to get there or walk to the nearest station (around 10 minutes away) and then take a train.
Room service: Slow. A bottle of water took more than half hour to arrive.

6  Thank NehaB26
Hotel M, General Manager at XO Hotels Park West, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2013

Thank you for your review and I hope your mother is doing well now after her fall on the airport. The fact that we do not have wheelchairs is because we are not a suitable hotel for disabled people. However we do have a "hotel" docter. It is a local doctor who will come to the hotel when we call him. All together I am sorry that your stay was not what you expected of it.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

My family and I stayed at this hotel for just 2 nights, but it was so great! It was in close proximity to the Schipol airport so getting there was a breeze. When we arrived at the hotel the exterior was not all that welcoming. I believe they should change the colour of the hotel to a nicer colour. However, when we got inside it was like we entered a different world. The lobby was beautiful and there was adequate staff available for check-in. We were asked about breakfast during check-in ad paid it in our bill. One very great thing to note is that the staff's English was excellent!

Upon entering our room we realized just how massive the room was, as well as modern because it is a new hotel. The room was beautifully decorated and very quiet! The bathroom was also very great! The room had great storage and lots of lighting and there were a variety of TV channels available. I'm not even going to begin speaking about those heavenly beds!

When we got to dinner in the DREAM restaurant we were surprised at just how much food was there. There were all kinds of stations and the sushi seemed good! They got me at the chocolate fountain near the entrance with all kinds of dippers! Breakfast had a very great selection as well. I think I remember seeing as many as 8 different types of cereal as well as fresh fruits. There was milk, chocolate milk, pink grapefruit juice, apple juice, orange juice, fruit punch, coffee and so much more!

Great stay here! Do yourself a favour and check in here!

1  Thank PantonW
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We had an excellent experience with this Hotel in Amsterdam. It had a very friendly service. The rooms are beautifully decorated. The breakfast is good. The parking is fairly priced at 15 EUR per day. There is a Nespresso Machine in every room, which is lovely.
The only con could be the location. One needs to take the tram or get a Taxi to visit the center, but it did not bother me much.

1  Thank dy108