New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #46 of 362 Hotels in Amsterdam
Limerick, Ireland
“Heaven on earth”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

I have just returned from a 3 night stay in this hotel and all I can say is this is a wonderful hotel with the most accommodating staff I have ever come across. From the moment we walked in the front door the service in this hotel is second to none. We had requested a family room and some houses are not as big. A large double bed two singles and a sitting room in the middle. Spotlessly clean ample storage and a fabolous bathroom . The restaurant serves breakfast in the morning and it is buffet style.. There is no way you could not be happy with this and a chef on hand to cook your eggs and the evening meal is the best I have ever had. Once again a buffet but not your usual buffet. Staff on hand at all times to clear and the array of hot food unbelievable and once again chefs on hand to cook your meat, fish,wok dishes and pizza unbelievable value at e25 per person and e15 for a child. Desserts to die for and a chocolate fountain as well. The tram is just across the bridge to take you anywhere in amsterdam. Brilliant hotel ideal location and best staff ever. Can not wait to return. Thank you all.

Room Tip: Room 703 ideal for family. Big comfy plenty of space and quiet.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Vjofahy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Ghent, Belgium
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

My Macbook Pro notebook and iPad 2 were stolen in this hotel during the day (while my girlfriend and I were visiting the city). It was clear that only the cleaning team accessed the room (as the print out of the electronic lock of our room showed us). We filed a complaint with the police, we contacted the hotel but they wouldn't acknowledge that our belogings were in fact stolen.

They were very unfriendly, the hotel manager was not willing to pay any compensation whatsoever so we are now filing a civil litigation in order to hold the hotel liable for the theft by their staff.

I can only advise you NOT to book in this hotel..!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
16 Thank wouter1988
Hotel M, General Manager at Hotel Golden Tulip Amsterdam West, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear "Wouter1988", please contact me on my email, janine@goldentulipamsterdamwest.com. I am the manager of the hotel. I can look into the most unfortunate incident and maybe get some more details of you, like name, roomnumber and the police report. Thank you.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

I am a seasoned traveller to Amsterdam this is my 8th trip and I have learned a few tips along the way. I used to pay over the odds to stay in central AMS which is still noisy if you are anywhere near a tram route. I now choose hotels slightly outside the centre to save costs. Golden Tulip is somewhere I chose from tripadvisor review and cost.

The location is Sloterdijk you can get a train to Sloterdijk in under 15 mins from Schiphol for €3.50 then the 12 tram or an 8 min walk will get you to the hotel we found it fairly easily. The hotel looks a bit grim from the outside very soviet looking but this belies what's inside. It's clean with boutique style rooms tea and coffee facilities. Everything looks new the bathroom had the big rain shower and was spotless.

The 12 tram is 2 mins walk and takes you right close to museums and Leidesplein in 10 -15 mins. The restaurant DREAM is very chic food looked lovely but we felt it expensive at €24 a head when you can get all the three course tourist meals in Town for €15 and a free drink! same goes for continental breakfast it's €7.50 for bog standard continental and if you walk for 5 mins along tram route there are loads of cafes that will do more choice for less.

Staff are very helpful and the bar is airy and modern and reasonably priced €3.75 for glass of wine. Good nights sleep and considering we were on the front which faces a main tram route surprisingly quiet. Rooms have air con as well which is a plus in the heat wave!

If your coming July August book Internet for Ann frank or museums it saves queueing or do what we did go late afternoon as some attractions stay open till ten. This hotel is great base with excellent facilities and I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2013
11 Thank debraphillips2016
Kuala Lumpur
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Rooms are huge for 3 of us...with coffee maker facilities in the room as well. Rooms are clean and new. They also serves scrumptious breakfast buffet....especially with fresh orange juices provided.....feel so fresh in the morning...

Location is slightly far from town area, but getting a cab in the hotel is easy and is only took about 10 mins to red light district at nite..only get a cab thru the hotel to avoid having problems as safety more important....

We did have a pleasant stay in this hotel!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed for two nights we found the rooms well appointed we were checked in by Brian who was very informative and polite I fell I'll and the help he offered was a godsend the breakfast was vast and the public transport links to the city centre were very good and Brian's local knowledge very helpful we would stay again thank you

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

I just left the hotel and it was very good place we did. Not far from the center just 2 stations.

Staff are very helpful & friendly. Breakfast has many selection for European but not for Asia :-)

I was worried that our room will be noisy since it faces to the main road, but there was no any single sound from outside I could hear.

The hotel offers very fast wifi which I love the most :-)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

Great hotel, clean, comfortable bedding, great service and all at a really good price. Public transport is within a 2 minute walk and the center of town is only 10 minutes away. Overall a great stay. The only fault I could find was that if you have a hire car you have to pay 15 Euros per day parking. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a clean and comfortable hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple