1,367 results
All reviewsthe penthousethe ground floorroof terracegreat hotelrecommend this hotelwithin walking distanceminute walkexcellent staybed was very comfortablereception staffmuseum districtmain attractionsvisit amsterdamtram stopstayed here for nightspublic transportcentral station
Reviewed November 30, 2013

A brilliant place to stay. Near train / tram stations, friendly front desk staff and the willingness attitude to help.
We stayed for 2 nights.
5 star for this place overall.
Definitely will be back again.

Thank Harwinderjit Si... S
Inge M, Manager at Grand Hotel Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Thank you very much for your nice review. I forwarded your compliments of the front desk to the entire team and they were very happy. Great to hear that you will be back in the future. We are looking forward to welcome you.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

Me and a friend stayed here for one night and have no grumbles at all,Great room,Great bathroom,Nice and quiet at night and we got it at a great price.

Would definitely stay again,Just a 5min tram ride (#17) into the City Centre.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your nice comments. Great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and you will return in the future. We are looking forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Inge M, Manager at Grand Hotel Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Reviewed November 20, 2013

We had a romantic break with my partner and stayed at grand hotel downtown as we got a fantastic deal on booking.com secret deals for 60 euro per night for 2 people in a small double room. For that price, I could not complain about anything. But if you are paying full price, which is over 100 euro per night, here are the things that might bother you.
- a bit difficult to find as it is sharing the space with other hotels and what I think is also an apartment building.
-our room did not have a window and was small - but if you don't intend on spending a long time in your room, the size is not an inconvenient, the lack of window is.
-no toiletries, just shower gel in a squeezy tube in the shower.
- the room was incredibly hot all night, tried to adjust the temperature without success. Upon check out, the receptionist asked me if everything went well and when I told her, her reply was 'did you call someone? well if you didn't then we cannot help you.' I was not even going to mention it so I thought it was just bad customer service (and we had a bad night sleep.)
- small and uncomfortable pillows.

Otherwise , there all some good things to mention. free good wifi in rooms, good bed, clean room, tea/coffee facilities, big tv, powerful hot showers ,nice building and nice evening receptionist.
I don't think I will be back and I could recommend it only for the rate we got.

1  Thank LOLANetherlands

Thank you for writing a review. Your feedback is always welcome. It is correct that the building has several facilities. It accomodates 3 hotels, restaurant, etc. It is an unique concept which makes this hotel different then others. You have booked a small double room that is indeed our smallest room. I would like to advise you to book a standard room or junior suite.
It is correct that we don't have windows in the rooms on the ground floor. We have a climate control system which gives you fresh and clean air during your stay. If you prefer a window you could always book a penthouse which is situated on the sixth floor and has its own private balcony.
In all our rooms we provide a dispenser with shampoo/conditioner. If you book a junior suite we provide extra amenities. If you prefer amenities please just contact our front desk and they will provide this. We will take your feedback into account to place the amenities in all rooms.
I am sorry to hear that you experienced a bad customer service. Offcourse we should help you at all times. I spoke to the front desk staff and discussed this with them and they are aware of the situation. We also checked the heating in your room and we fixed it straight away.
I am happy to hear that you also liked your stay. I am really sorry to hear that you would not recommend this hotel. I can assure you that our rates are in ratio with our quality for a 4 star hotel. I would recommend to book a standard room or maybe you prefer an upgrade to a penthouse. Even though your experience, we would love to welcome you back in the future and don't hesitate to contact me to book a suite or penthouse.