“Schizophrenic service - didn't get to try the food”
Review of Boteco Lucio

Boteco Lucio
Ranked #2,641 of 4,906 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Brazilian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Oud Zuid
Reviewed May 22, 2016

Walked into an empty restaurant and asked if we had a reservation, after being seated we were told we couldn't have jackets on the back of our chairs as it wasn't allowed, which was already setting off alarm bells.
One of our party is pregnant and the waiter informed her he would make sure her meat was cooked well, which we thought was was kind and thoughtful.
Ordered drinks, including a cocktail, wine and beer and talked about what was the best on the menu, the waiter then removed the menus dispite not having placed an order. We then asked for tap water and were told that we had to buy bottled water. We said that tap water was suficcient but the water refused and told us that if we didn't pay 2 Euros for tap water then he woudn't cook for us.
Strangely he then told us that the drinks were on him since we were now leaving.
To be honest I think there is a secret camera in there and it's all being set up for a TV comedy show....there's just no other explaination to this behaviour.

Date of visit: May 2016

Reviewed February 22, 2016

We had a prebooked and set three course meal, with little room to deviate from. Every single dish was tasty and good to go! It was noteworthy there was only one waitress, so you have to keep in mind service can be rather slow when the restaurant is full, so don't bother complaining about that.

Date of visit: November 2015
Reviewed November 9, 2015

Yesterday me, my wife and daughter try to have dinner at 17:30 at restaurant Boteco Lucio 91.
They kicked us out after 15 min because our child was making too much noise, which I think it was not the case (they brought her Maracas to play with).
I told them we are coming with a 1.5 year old and they even had a baby seat available.
In the end they kicked us out.

Date of visit: November 2015
1  Thank Vartanu
Reviewed October 4, 2015

I had been here once before and really didn't want to come back but there doesn't seem to be a lot of options if you are craving Brazilian food. So I gave it another shot. It was hilarious, very sad but hilarious.
I stood at the entrance for 15 min without being acknowledged. After that I was allowed to sit at the bar. 2 couples, 4 pax left because they were not welcomed in an appropriate way.Not one table was wished a pleasant meal. Plates were slammed on the table in front of them.
At some point waiter told guests that they were not supposed to taste of each other's meals because the chef didn't like it.
Hilarious. It definitely makes for a good story.

Date of visit: August 2015
1  Thank Vincent d
Reviewed July 10, 2015

Had an excellent meal with my Brazilian family last night. Lucio's attentive and friendly service kicked off what turned out to be a great evening. Memorable dishes for me - the chorizo stew as a start (would be great as a main course dish too) and of course the Belem do Para. This is not the traditional (and frankly tired) approach to Brazilian cuisine but innovative, exciting, and beautifully presented.

Date of visit: July 2015