“Great place!”

Ranked #59 of 328 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Kettering, United Kingdom
“Great place!”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Me and my friend stayed here for my 21st birthday in feb, You couldnt ask for a more cleaner hotel , the room was average size for 2 people and very stylish had everything you needed TV, tea making facilities, shower even a docking station to play your music from! room has a saftey box to put your passport in and any money you dont want to take out which is electronic and easy to use!, reception staff were very helpful with finding the best places to go out to eat, nightlife etc. Italian guy behind the desk will help you out with anything if need be! Hotel is near to a super market about a 10 min walk which has everything you need (except spirts) you have to go to a sperate shop for them! Also only round the corner is the massive amsterdam sign and bus stops taking you straight to the airport. Only con i would have about this hotel is that its hard to find if you have traveled from the train station , so if you are staying here i would plan well in advance as it took us over 2 hours to find it! also nightmare getting to centeral amsterdam i wouldnt advice using the trams if you have no idea where to stop! (stick to taxis) overall the hotel was very good and cheap would certainly visit again :)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Strasbourg, France
Reviewed May 12, 2014

The most horrible hotel in my life! Being in Amsterdam for a few days with my wife, we were awakened in the night by a mouse eating in our luggage... Apparently the hotel is fully infested by rodents (they are common in Amsterdam due to water). Although this is a bad surprise, I can understand that this could happen. However, despite our insistance, the manager of the hotel was never available to discuss and to offer any possible compensation.The people at the reception did not seems to be very concerned by our problems, although aware of the presence of rodents... In addition, it seems that other people in the hotel were housed in containers in the yard... Avoid this hotel except if you like rodents in your stuff!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Mathieu67220

Travelers are raving about these Amsterdam hotels

Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed May 5, 2014

We stayed Hotel Vossius Vondelpark 1.-4.5. and the rooms in backyard hut were below the mark. Especially, when the room rate is huge. It was unsafe place - some guys came over the fence and tried to come inside those rooms in hut. It was scary.
When I told personel that I am not happy with the room they said that "you booked a room with the garden view". What you expect when see this kind of information, is hotelroom that will open up to garden.. Reality was totally different! It was kind of wooden hut, that had 5-6 rooms that were untidy, smell musty and felt unsafe and not what one expects when book a room with a garden view. Part of our group stayed at the hotel itself and that room was nice.
I won't recommened this hotel never or none.

Room Tip: Rooms at the backyard were musty and unsafe. Ask room from the hotel itself.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank SirpaVK
Naples, Italy
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Located in a small quiet street close to a large square, Vossius Vondelpark is a hotel with many pros and a few cons.

Some pros:
- The receptionist Fabrizio (from Italy) was simply excellent! Warm, professional, free with his advice and constantly available to help. Guests always felt at ease when they were assisted by Fabrizio. There was also another receptionist who was also very polite and professional but unfortunately I've forgot his name.
- Our room met our requirements and offered many comforts. Good furniture and devices as well as satisfying standard of hygiene. Everything was perfectly working.
- The hotel rates also included the Internet point and the WI-FI area both in the lounge which was very important to us but I think to everyone.
- The hotel location is simply fantastic! Lots of trams and buses connect the hotel to every city district. Furthermore, the area next to the hotel is very livable, rich in green and well-served by numberless attractions and shops.
- The hotel prices are very competitive in comparison to the level of services included.

Some cons:
- The room we had was in the backyard, which was at just 15 m from the main building. But in winter it's not very pleasant to be forced to wear your coat, gloves, hat, scarf etc. each time you have to reach the reception.
- The girl at the reception (usually working in the morning) was not very professional and available to advise us about even simple questions such as "How can we reach the point A from here?". Really not helpful.
- No Italian TV-channels were available and this was a real disadvantage for my partner as for all the numerous Italian guests.
- The bathroom was definitely too small. Though we are slim we could not even move there! On the contrary, the shower cabin was too wide and stole precious room to the rest of the bathroom.

As a whole, it was a positive experience and a good solution when it comes to informal stays in one of the most unconventional cities in the world!

Room Tip: Exclude the rooms in the backyard in winter due to the lack of an indoor passageway.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank mywhereabouts
Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

Went to Amsterdam for the first time, this was for my Birthday in JANUARY was only a 4 nights stay
The room was outside which wasn't any problem
Was warm and cosy
Very clean
Shower/toilet was very small if you are overweight this would be a problem area but was cool as you could pee and brush your teeth at the same time :D
The staff were amazing very friendly and helpful
Everything was easy to access lots around this area
Easy to get trams to central station and back
Hotel location was brilliant
Overall 9 out of 10. ..basically perfect

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kimberley M
Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for one night with my fiancé in January 2014. The hotel is modern, clean and right beside a lovely park in Central Amsterdam. Central enough so that you can walk in the centre in good time, and there are tram stops very nearby. Lovely room, and very friendly staff. Would definitely return for a longer stay!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Hayley B
Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here from 22 march 2014 for 2 nights!! I was told by a friend before booking to book a hotel near Vondelpark and the Leidsplein and I'm so happy I chose this hotel!! I'd never been Amsterdam before and me and my boyfriend LOVED it and LOVED the hotels location.
We had a room on the 4th floor facing the park as I'd requested high floor and to face the park and I was happy with this room even though it was rather on the small side but it was enough for two nights!!! If I went again which I most certainly would if choose a room on the floor below maybe as the windows on the top floor are really small and if your small like me difficult to look out of hahaha!!!
Rooms were cleaned to a VERY high standard so overall I'm very impressed!!!
Cycling is a major thing in Amsterdam so hiring bikes is well recommended we did and we got around the city and saw some amazing places, however, you can walk if you want!! The hotel will also let you keep the bikes at the hotel locked up!!
If visiting Anne franks BOOK TICKETS IN ADVANCE to avoid long queues either that or do what we did and visit it about an hour before closure the queues are not as big lol!!
Fab hotel we will definitely return!!!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple