“Did not disappoint”

The Harbour Club Amsterdam Oost
Reserve with
The Harbour Club Amsterdam Oost is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,217 of 3,900 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Eastern Docklands (Oostelijk Havengebied)
Description: A unique location in Amsterdam with international allure, a vibrant atmosphere and extraordinarily great food. A blend of Miami, Barcelona and the Cote d'Azur: an industrial location – an old wine terminal – turned fashionably chic. Drop by and be amazed by the immense space (2200m2), the top-notch styled interior, the six-metre-long fish display case, the high quality cooking and the sixteen-metre-long mural from neo-pop art artist Selwyn Senatori. A visit to The Harbour Club is pure and intense enjoyment, guaranteed. High-quality cooking with a dash of playfulness, but always with an eye for detail. Sit outside on the extensive patio, pick one of our many cocktails and enjoy the view over the water. The Harbour Club Amsterdam is located within a five minutes’ drive from the Amsterdam ring road and has 250 free parking spaces available as well as mooring locations for boats. Are you looking for quality in a relaxed environment? Then you will feel right at home at The Harbour Club Amsterdam.
Heemstede, The Netherlands
“Did not disappoint”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I always think that going to a "trendy" or "hip" location is a risky business. The chance that you will be disappointed is very high. Living up to any hype is hard work !

I had been here for drinks in the summer and the sheer size of the place worried me a little. We went to eat on a Saturday night. The staff were courteous and professional ( Amsterdam? Really?) and it was clearly "the night to be seen" The DJ was playing music but it was in the background. The drinks were cold ( the beer) and fine (the wine). No problem with the acoustics. We only had mains and coffee but it was well cooked and well-served. Not over the top ( A chef without an ego ?) and very good quality. The people watching was second to none. It was maybe a little pricey but it didn't disappoint and these days that is a major plus point.

• Visited March 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“Cool venue, decent food, awful service!”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Go there in spring-summer! Get a table outside (if it's good weather) and enjoy your lunch (if they'll remember to provide you cutlery!).

Been there last July, I loved the location. I ate fish (and it was good!) but I was scandalized by the service!

I can't understand how it's possible that in such a restaurant (apparently focused on middle-high classes) the owners rely on a bunch of students for serving the tables!

They forgot to give me the cutlery TWICE during my stay and their English was quite awful!
I don't understand why Dutch don't hire a British consultant to train the waiters how to behave with clients (and in public!).

I am very often in Amsterdam, for private issue, but I often avoid to go out considering that food & service are 90% horrible!

This place is outstanding and it's a pity that they didn't invest in service!

• Visited July 2012
Gouda, The Netherlands
“A over priced but nicely situated restaurant”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

The location of this restaurant is very nice. With outdoor seating on a water surrounded terrace this place has the potential to be a winner. However, as it is a restaurant, bottom line is that the food that is served is good. And that is where it goes awry. To be honest, it has been a while since we had dinner at this restaurant, so it could have changed over the time.

The food we got served was greasy and too salt. In general it was not prepared that well. The service was good however! A very friendly waitress who did seemed to be a bit embarrassed with the quality of the food that was served.

• Visited August 2012
Vienna, Austria
“A trendy stylish place , excellent food”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We tremendously enjoyed this place our daughter took us too. It is huge and full of sights and sounds: the fresh fish and seafood exposed in front of the huge open kitchen, great disco music , well dressed youngish public. We had an extremely efficient, p and friendly waiter and the seafood and fish was just great.

Visited March 2013
Amsterdam
“Great mix of Seafood and Steak”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

My wife took me out to dinner here for my birthday, the food was brilliant and service great. I really love my seafood and had grilled prawns, my wife is not so into sea food, and she had the rib eye steak, which was really good. I really enjoyed the grilled prawns, it was a Wednesday night so not too busy, but the place has great ambiance. The guy serving us was really friendly and advised us that if we wanted to come on a weekend on Thursday or Friday, it was a good idea to book at least a week in advance. It"s really large for a restaurant in Amsterdam, and the decor is amazing, we went in winter, but I can imagine that in summer it would be really amazing to sit outside.

• Visited January 2013