All reviews coffee machine free mini bar minute walk to leidseplein single room other hotels within walking distance comfortable bed fourth floor rain shower hotel is located bars and restaurants wet room decent hotel would stay here again the breakfast area central amsterdam van gogh museum
Reviewed September 5, 2018

Hotel is ideally located, 10min walk from Rijksmuseum, Concert Hall and Van Gogh Museum. It takes a while to locate the reception, which happens to be on the 4th floor (left side of the building), but you will be met by a very friendly staff. I had the privilege of being greeted by Alper, who was friendly and explained to me all that I need about my stay.

The room is relatively small for European standard, as I got the single room, which had a balcony, cupboard, a coffee machine, and a very clean bathroom. The best thing that you will find in the room is the free Handy smartphone. You will be able to use it for all your mobility need, including free calls, google map, and tickets purchase! It was indeed very useful for me throughout the trip. Their TV had a couple of English channels, so you won't feel bored if you had to stay in the room.

Breakfast was simple. A nice lady will make you fresh eggs the way you like it, or pancakes. They have fresh bread, coffee, and a selection of cakes & cheese.

You can have free coffee/water anytime of the day, which is an added plus.

My only dislikes was that you will be asked to put your phone on silent, which was a bit weird to me, but understanding that the hotel was pretty quiet, I was okay with it. Additionally, I wish there were more options in the breakfast, as I almost had the same thing for the whole stay, which was a bit boring.

Room Tip: Make sure your room has a balcony
  • Stayed: September 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed August 27, 2018

was a bit surprised at first at the set up, a hotel in a residential building, but this is the best place we stayed in all of amsterdam. very safe, felt like part of the communityl. staff was highly attentive and gracious. one block off the canals. this place is a home run. thanks!!

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lifesabeach1
Reviewed August 17, 2018 via mobile

Stopping at this hotel has shown us another great part of the city. It's a 9/10 euro taxi ride from central station or a 30 minute walk. So many great bars and restaurants around area plus great sights. The room is very modern and clean. My wife loves The coffee machine and the mini bar gets refilled for free everyday. The only negative I have is that the mattress is hard but I'm really fussy when it comes to beds.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2018 via mobile

I booked a long weekend and due to visa delays in other countries along the way I had to reschedule my visit to Amsterdam. The Hotel were not flexible to reschedule my booking to following the weekend. Strict policy of no cancellations or re booking. No Amsterdam visit for me then.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed August 2, 2018 via mobile

I wanted to be in the Museum quarter Area then this hotel popped out, advertised as Ecologic , and in a nice and quiet area, booked the Deluxe room because the basic kind of look like hospital room. Basic room was 109 euros, deluxe 135 but got charged 145. At 11 pm was a big scandal in the room next door so we couldn’t sleep, where like 5 guys drinking and partying, so we called from desk and then came, happens that this hotel is in a building next to private apartments so they change us to another room( the 109 euros room in the middle of the night, this morning , the manager tells me she Won’t reimburse the difference because she does not care, first time in my live having a situación like this.. so be aware if you stay here, the risks you will get booking that deluxe (room) I am posting here the room I paid, the room I got after the scandal and the MANAGER that did not CARE

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple