“super place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #181 of 363 Hotels in Amsterdam
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“super place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

spezial location and place, friendly people, nice and spezial room, super bathroom, all very clean, good place to visit the city, you can walk, near to the bus to the airport, free coffee in the room.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

My brother found this hotel online, so I booked there too.
The building is amazing really nicely done, however the insulation is not very good. We could hear our neighbours from next room at 6am when they were packing to leave and the next day the room upstairs at 7am again getting ready for check out.
This was a shame as we booked a Jr Suite and paid a lot of money. The hotel was full so they couldn't move us.
Having said this, if you are a heavy sleeper, then this hotel is perfect. Nice design rooms, free Wi-Fi, free mini bar in the room with a nice nespresso machine (free coffee) and very convenient close to the museum quarter.
The location was in my opinion the best. Very nice neighbourhood with trendy cafes and restaurants.

Room Tip: again if there is a room in the top floor choose that one. I was on the second floor and had proble...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Had a very pleasant stay during my recent trip here. it is a part of a commercial. the rooms are of smaller size but its is standard across europe. Free Minibar is a bonus. the hotel is well maintained and the biggest asset is their staff. Not in the heart of the city ut with 20 minutes walk u r within the bustling life. there are 2 tram stations close by on different lines which is another positive and there a quite a few cafes to chill and relax.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ricks090
United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

The hotel makes a perfect base for exploring the city and for the great price. Museums and Leidsplein are within 5–minutes walk, where you can find all the variety of the sightseeings, cafes, boat stations. The Rembrandt square with the variety of bars is 15–20 minutes by foot. The walk to the rail station would take about 30 or so minutes or just 10 minutes by tram, which stops right around the corner and offers a very convenient transportation network. The hotel is located in a very nice and quiet area, with the cafes and pubs but no crowd of tourists which may be tiring in city center.

The rooms are smallish but have all the essence. They are well furnished and stylishly decorated, the bed is very comfortable, each room offers a balcony with a chair just to sit and enjoy the morning quietness. The shower has all necessary amenities and is very modern, the towels and the bathrobes are big and fluffy, the blanket is cozy, and there's a coffee maker with a supply of coffee, tea, sugar and creams (you may run just hot water, too). Water, beer and soft drink in the mini bar is gratuitous.

The reception is warm and welcome, helpful in terms of directions or guidance which made me feel like at home. I enjoyed my stay quite a lot, and for the price (at least twice lower than offered by the other hotels) i think it's a perfect deal. Why I rated it good instead of excellent? just because the room is small while I love space – well, that comes at a price, right? :)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I stayed for several nights on a work trip and really enjoyed this hotel. The price is good value compared to other Amsterdam hotels. I travel there a lot and have struggled to find a decent hotel at a reasonable price, but this one fits the bill!

The entrance is hard to find, the signage is very discreet and the hotel is in a building with lots of other businesses and apartments. I had to ask at the restaurant downstairs where the entrance to reception was. Staff were very friendly and helpful and the room itself was very nice - on the small side, but more than adequate. Nice modern finishing, very comfy bed, modern bathroom and a minibar with free drinks (a couple of beers, a couple of sodas and water - replenished every day). The wi-fi was really good - very strong signal, didn't drop out once - great for working

The bed was very comfortable, I had a great night's sleep. The shower had great pressure. The bathroom is a wet room and it's hard to stop the shower water from spilling out through other parts of the bathroom, but this is the only real issue I had with the room.

I didn't have the breakfast - I thought it was slightly overpriced at €14 so I got breakfast from the supermarket round the corner and stored it in the fridge in the room. The tramlines are right outside the hotel and and the stop is only 100m away - very easy to get around the city and is within short walking distance from the museum quarter.

It's a very reasonably priced hotel compared to others in the city. I really enjoyed my stay here and will be staying here again on my return.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Rifle, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

A friend and I spent one night here at the end of our trip, and wished we could have stayed longer. Taxi got us lost on the way there, but the concierge was so helpful in getting us to our appointed time at the Anne Frank House! Our double room was small, but very clean and nice, and the bed was great!! Had one of the best nights of sleep of my trip. Had not planned to stay for breakfast, thinking it was a little pricey, but after seeing the wonderful choices chef Syliva was serving up, we are so glad we did! It was the best breakfast I had the whole trip - eggs prepared just the way I like them and she convinced me to try her delicious apple pancake - so wonderful I could have eaten 3! My travelling companion loved the organic coffee, tea and food choices too! I will stay at this place again - longer next time! Easy walking to museums and shopping!

Room Tip: Our room was only 2nd floor, but was very quiet, even though near the street.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends