“Dining experience”

Waves Greek Restaurant & Cafe
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Waves Greek Restaurant & Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,240 of 3,900 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Waves Greek Cafe n 'Restaurant Amsterdam is located in the center, near the Leidseplein, City Theatre and the De La Mar Theatre. In Amsterdam, where many Greek restaurant does his best to look like a typical island taverna, jumps Waves in the Leidseplein neighborhood, out because of the emphasis on taste, personal hospitality and conviviality instead of Aegean colors, fishnets and Olympian gods. "In an area awash with Greek restaurants That Do a pretty routine island-taverna impersonation, Waves stands out for putting more emphasis on taste and less on dazzling Aegean colors, fishing nets, and the Olympian deities. Its single room is modern, restrained in notes decor, and softly lit. The specialties - afelia (lamb cubes in coriander-and-wine sauce), moussaka, kleftiko (oven-baked lamb), and others - are not much different in principle from Those of other local Greek restaurants, but are gene rally better prepared and served - which, after all, is difference enough.Tip "Gyros" only in Amsterdam. Waves restaurant you are welcome to enjoy fresh food, good wine and friendly service. Our chefs can draw from a wide range of fresh fish n meat. If you are not a fish lover, then there are also meat, Gyros and vegetarian dishes that you can order.
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
“Dining experience”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Had very nice Evening meals on two successive nights. Very reasonably priced and great value .Would certainly recommend Waves to anyone visiting Amsterdam and hope to visit ourselves on any future holiday in Amsterdam.

• Arabic first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Lovely”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Lovely restaurant - modern look and reasonably priced. Very welcoming and kind service, and definitely the best gyros in Amsterdam. Authentic greek food :)

London
“Great dining out experience”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

My partner and I were in Amsterdam for 3 nights, and we didn't discover Waves until our last night, which I deeply regret as I would have happily gone back every night.

I love Greek food, and living in London you would think there were tons of good greek restaurants to chose from, but I can honestly say Waves is the besst Greek dining experience I've had!

The service from our waiter was amazing; friendly and engaging and made us feel utterly welcome.

The food was fantastic and good sized portions, although admittedly my partners taramasalata dip was a little too salty for her, although I liked it when I stole some off her plate ;) Delicious Klevitko with lamb that just fell apart in the mouth. And when I decided I could be piggy enough to order desert as well, I was given the biggest, yummiest piece of my favourite desert ever, baklava... my partner had to roll me back the hotel.

Price was slightly higher than I expected, but I blame the missus for all the wine she drank ;)

Would DEFINITELY seek them out again next time I'm in Amsterdam! Haas a great time...

Sydney, Australia
“Tasty”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Had a nice meal here that tasted really good with reasonable price to.
Would go back here again when visiting amsterdam.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“the best gyros in amstredam”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

good food + perfect service, if you are nostalgic about greek kitchen or never taste it before and visiting Greece isn't an option the Waves is the place for you. In the heart of the centre easy to find, is right next to the main square called Leidseplein !!!!!!!! Enjoy!!!!