“trendy and good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Seafood Bar

The Seafood Bar
Ranked #51 of 3,425 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Seafood, European, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Museum Quarter (Museumkwartier)
New York City, New York
“trendy and good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

we thought the restaurant was great but make a reservation as it gets busy. the food was very good and the decor modern and chic. the service was thoughtful

Visited July 2014

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Amstelveen, The Netherlands
“Go there when it's not busy”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

The food looked great! But we didn't get any. We had reservations but it was not going to be worth the effort. After ordering drinks and a selection of fingerfood for starters we waited for an hour to get oysters. There is plenty personell but when it's busy there just isn't any structure in what they do. Walking around empty handed. Leaving stuff on tables. We got at least 4 faces being friendly and pouring our drinks. Sure, we got apologies and the promise of an extra drink. But no food. And that drink also never came. We paid and left after an hour and had a great evening somewhere else. We'll try some other time because they must be doing something right.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank Pierre19671024752
Farnham, United Kingdom
“Looked good for platters but otherwise poor”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Visited for lunch and was very much looking forwards to it. Early signs were encouraging, but sadly the food did not live up to expectation and neither did the service. The platters looked incredible and I wish we had ordered one. Instead I ordered the fish (cod) and chips. The batter was very greasy (normally a sign the oil was too cold when the fish was fried) and lacked any crunch. The chips were also a very mixed bag, ranging from almost raw to almost burnt.

I understand that you can have an unlucky meal, but at no time did the staff ask how the food was. Furthermore I left 3/4 of my plate including almost all the fish and the waitress took it away without comment. For me, the sign of a bad kitchen is one that does not care enough to ask why a table's food has come back uneaten. To cap it off the fish and chips was crazy expensive

Wish my experience had been better, as I would love to try the platters, but I believe i voting with my feet. Even in Amsterdam (a city where poor service is the norm), this place stands out.

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars
London, United Kingdom
“One of the best seafood places”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is located close to Van Gogh museum, which makes it a perfect place to enjoy a seafood lunch after getting some 'cultural food' at the museum.

The place is large, so the seating is comfortable, and the service is great.

The menu is relatively large with a huge number of options, so choose wisely!

Now to the food itself. I've ordered a Lobster Soup and Lemon Sole fish.
The soup had a weird taste which does not resemble a lobster. But nonetheless the taste was strong and I guess it depends on your own taste if you like it, so order at your own risk :)

The lemon sole, however, was perfect. I can probably say that it was the best fish-meat that I have ever eaten. The portion consisted of 3 small fish, fries and a salad.

I definitely recommend this restaurant if you will be around the area.

• Visited June 2014
Lawton, Oklahoma
“Great seafood in Amsterdam”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Just happened to see this in the guidebook and it was near the museums. Was one of the best seafood dinners ever and they even had razor clams, a very unique item that I have only found in a few places.

• Visited June 2014