“Modern and excellent sea food restaurant” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Seafood Bar

The Seafood Bar
Ranked #45 of 3,725 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Seafood, European, Soups
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Museum Quarter (Museumkwartier)
Australia
“Modern and excellent sea food restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

The restaurant is always busy it seems. We did a very late lunch to take advantage of the quiet time- but I don't think they really have a quiet time. We had the fish of the day, whole, and it was cooked perfectly. The wine was very good. The restaurant is not cheap but we have discovered seafood is not cheap in Holland. It was quite good value under these circumstances. It is has a trendy, modern decor and atmosphere and the staff were helpful.

• Visited April 2014

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Delicious, modern seafood joint”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

After noticing it a few times, we finally got round to eating here and we were so pleased we did!

The restaurant has proper tables at the back, high stool tables in the bar area and then a few tables on the street.

We hadn't reserved, but we're able to get a high table in the bar area. If you're more than two, I would recommend booking. It was busy the whole time we were there, and we had a late and leisurely lunch...

The menu comprises of many tapas-sized seafood options, as well as full dishes. We shared a couple of the tapas (prawns and some kind of croquettes) before having the grilled lobster and fries. All of it was cooked to perfection and tasted delicious!

Staff are nice, knowledgeable about the dishes and very efficient. Some of the service we've experienced while living in NL.

We really enjoyed our visit here and are looking forward to our next meal there!

Perth Australia
“An Unfortunate Incident”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

The venue was busy when I arrived without a booking, so I thought I might need to wait for a table to become available. As a solo diner this wasn't the case and I was quickly shown a table with high bar stools (these aren't really designed for short people). I placed my order of lobster soup followed by fish, chips and salad. The food looked very fresh and is prepared in kitchens that are part of the open plan of the restaurant. I enjoyed my meal but a few hours I felt very unwell. This was a shame because I felt that the restaurant offered something a bit different in the style of dining; a good selection of seafood in a casual environment. I guess I was just unlucky that night.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank 35yrdream
London, United Kingdom
“Best restaurant I've ever been to”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

We visited this restaurant about 6 months ago and it wasn't until recently when I was asked what the best restaurant I'd ever been to was and I told the person about this one.
From the minute we walked in we were made to feel like regulars. The manager is really friendly and polite and seemed to have time for everyone at a busy time. It seems he'd trained the staff to be just as friendly and polite too.
We had the calamari and lobster soup to start which was just perfect. Then we had a mixed seafood platter for main course which was heavenly. I didn't expect the dessert to be a specialty, but again perfect. Great selection of wines as well.
Honestly the only 10/10 restaurant I have ever been to and I take some pleasing! Definitely coming back!!!

Malta/London
“Amazing find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

We ended up coming here 3x during our one week stay in Amsterdam, amazing find. Place is so cool and original, quality people..great for after shopping as it is around the corner from most shops. The food is amazing and also reasonable. Its a must to try this place.

• Visited November 2013