“The best of the sea!”
Review of The Seafood Bar

The Seafood Bar
Ranked #43 of 3,813 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Seafood, European, Soups
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Museum Quarter (Museumkwartier)
Atlanta, Georgia
“The best of the sea!”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

This informal restaurant offers top quality seafood and accompaniments at reasonable prices. We ate there one night, and carried out two other evenings, and were never disappointed! Highly recommend!!!

Visited November 2013

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“Fresh, new place for seafood”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

A friend originally from Amsterdam recommended this new restaurant to me when I mentioned that I was heading there for a week. At first the name made me think of horrible seafood bar restaurants in the US that I dislike. But one afternoon while shopping along van Baerlestaat, I noticed the restaurant, remembered that my friend had mentioned it and decided to take a look at the menu. The menu looked good but what pulled me in was the open, clean lines of the restaurant and the fresh display of oysters in the front. Although it was not quite 1:00, the restaurant was half full of business men and locals all speaking Dutch. My husband and I took our perch at one of the high tables near the front of the restaurant. We started with two glasses of sparkling wine as we studied the menu. The menu has a wide assortment of selections. My husband chose the mussels, Belgian style and I opted for the grilled Prawns. Although I am not a regular fan of Prawns, the waitress recommended them and I decided to give them a try. I am so glad that I took her advice. The Prawns, which were grilled in a slightly spicy lemon oil marinate was addictive and delicious. I literally licked the juices from the Prawns before I removed their shells. The meat was juicy, tender and equally delicious. We love trying the various types of Apple cakes in Amsterdam and because the seafood bar also had one on their dessert menu, we ordered one to spilt. The apple cake wasn't that great. But if you want fresh, good seafood and an open and airy environment, I would recommend this place. It is also a good place to go alone because there is bar seating where you could sit and watch the wait staff. When asked, the waitresses indicated that the restaurant was only about 12 months old. The restaurant was full by 1:30 so I suggest that if you are going as more than 2 people, a reservation would be wise. Some folks who just walked in ended up having to leave because there were no more tables available. The tables turn over fast at lunchtime so you could also go shopping for an hour and then return. There is great shopping all along the street near the restaurant.

• Visited October 2013
Vastervik, Sweden
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Kalas”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Lovely and welcoming atmosphere , bistro feeling , noisy and nice.
Delicious food , if you like seafood and are visiting Amsterdam , you have to test it.
Perfekt location in the center of beautiful Amsterdam.

• Visited November 2013
Manchester, New Hampshire
“Convenient & Tasty”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Liked the freshness of the food and the low key atmosphere. The open dining room can be noisy, but the food is delicious.

Visited November 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Heaven for seafood lovers”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Great seafood restaurant! It serves great varieties of fresh seafood. I was struggling making a choice as I really wanted to taste everything. We had the mixed grill which was fantastic. The value was great too. Will definitely go again next I am in Amsterdam.

• Visited November 2013