“Delicious Food with Healthy Choices”
Review of The Seafood Bar

The Seafood Bar
Ranked #42 of 3,900 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Museum Quarter (Museumkwartier)
New York City, New York
“Delicious Food with Healthy Choices”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I often find myself eating with abandon upon various trips. I was happy to find the Seafood bar nearby my hotel where I could still enjoy a satisfying indulgent meal but ensure it was a bit more healthy. I visited twice and both times ordered the Seafood Plateau. The plate is filled with about five types of fish, mostly smoked, some in a mayo salad, and some simpler with sauce. The two types of salmon and another smoked fish were just delicious and fresh to taste. I also ordered the pulposalade which was excellent with its big fresh pieces of octopus (or something similar) cooked to a soft but not rubbery consistency, on a bed of fresh greens. For me this was a great alternative to all the stroop wafels and naughty vacation food I had been enjoying for days.

• Visited October 2012

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Amsterdam
“It is a bar, not a restaurant”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Just had to try this seafood place after reading all the good reviews. Indeed they do serve all kind of seafood, though a classic plateau de fruits de mer (my favourite) was lacking on the menu. Most - if not all - of the seafood served is pre-cooked, so don't expect a super fresh lobster.

It might have to do with the fact the place was packed, but the staff was not very service-oriented. Most members of staff looked away each time new customers walked in, which is not a very warm welcome. People who were waiting for a table (it is not possible to make reservations) are expected to stand and hang around (without orders for a drink being taken).

Guest don't stay for too long, that's what the waitress told us, and so it appeared. Maybe that's why this place does not feel like a restaurant. Conclusion: not the best place for a romantic and gastronomic evening.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Ewie p
Boston, MA
“Worth the Stop”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

A very nice place, friendly atmosphere reasonable prices and best of all good seafood.
When I was there they just opened and I went a few times. Had something different each time
and I knew it would be a place I could recommend.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank havingfunagain
New Haven, Connecticut
“Fine Seafood in a Beautiful Setting”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

This is a sparkling, modern restaurant located conveniently near the great museums of Amsterdam. It had been open only 2 weeks when we visited in July, 2012, but the staff seemed to have everything under control. The bright interior has counter seating as well as tables and there are views of the kitchen. Our food was excellent: bouillabaisse and grilled sole for my wife, crab cakes and fried calimari for me. We had glasses of a fresh white wine (which we were allowed to sample first, a nice touch) from a wine list that had been chosen to complement seafood dishes. I'm sure The Seafood Bar will do well and hope to return to it again.

• Visited July 2012