“Really good food, great staff!”
Review of Juuls

Juuls
Ranked #335 of 4,003 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: De Pijp
Description: Restaurant Juuls opened her doors in November 2009 at the Albert Cuypstraat. In this bustling place in Amsterdam you will find a warm and cosy atmosphere. Danny Mouthaan and his team are creating a new menu every month. The only thing you have to do is choose between 3,4,5 or 6 courses, let us know about your allergies or religious requirements and leave the rest up to us. However if you are curious what this months menu has to offer, have a look here: Menu Chef Danny Mouthaan, restaurant manager Lonneke van der Wel and their team are looking forward to welcoming you at Juuls. Thé culinairy livingroom of the Albert Cuyp.
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Made a reservation for 7, changed it into 9 just an hour before our arrival: "No problem!" And that is how the entire evening was: no problem. Helpful staff, knowledgeable about what they were serving, very friendly and very attentive: one word was enough for them to remember all evening that I was the driver; so my refills came much slower and were less.... The food: mouthwatering! I'd go there again without any hesitation, these people definitely love good, extremely well-prepared, honest food. Bistro-style, but with a big PLUS!

There are newer reviews for Juuls

Reviewed May 28, 2013

The food at Juuls was really excellent, especially for the price. I would definetly go here again! Business or friends, it doesn't matter.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

On a special trip to Amsterdam to celebrate a wedding anniversary and my birthday, we discovered Cafe Juuls by chance and were attracted by the name, a nickname used for me by my son-in-law. We spoke to the waiter who promised us a "surprise" meal full of different tastes and experiences. That is exactly what was delivered. We were advised to arrive by 7pm as they do not book specific tables, although you CAN make a reservation to secure a table. By 8pm the restaurant was nearly full and that was a Tuesday. The atmosphere is intimate, warm and friendly. First our waiter explained that this would be a very personal dining experience, based on the French style of cooking, then he talked to us about any allergies, any likes or dislikes, what sort of food we might fancy that evening or not fancy and the type of wines we most enjoy. He clearly had a love and knowledge of both food and wine. The menu was a set price, either for 3 courses, 4 or 5 courses, our choice. We opted for 3 which proved a good choice for us. Then we sat back to enjoy a glass of delicious champagne each, as well as home-made bread and oil dips, while waiting. Our starter was so picturesque and colourful, incorporating different preparations of lobster, with a small salad of apple, some caviare and other delights. An appropriate white wine was selected. As I had indicated a desire to remain on one colour wine throughout the meal, a tasty fish main course was as interesting and attractive as the first dish. A different white wine was chosen which perfectly complemented the fish. My husband's dislike of broccolli was observed, whereas I was served it, prepared in a very tasty way. I can't even begin to describe dessert which was mouth-wateringly good, accompanied by a dessert wine of course. We had been promised that we would be spoilt and we certainly were, both personally and gastronomically. The whole bill for the 2 of us, including drinks and tip, was 120 Euros and it was worth every Euro! Now I wish I lived in Amsterdam and could try a different treat there every week!

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I was here on a Tuesday evening for business with a group of seven. They don't have a menu but you can indicate what you don't like and you can choose between 3, 4 or 5 courses. I really enjoyed it, was surprised by the quality of the food and it's not cheap but a reasonable price for what you get. The service was very friendly and helpful as well.

I had tried to make last minute reservations before but never succeeded. This time, probably because it was a Tuesday night it wasn't a problem. This time I was here for business but I'll certainly come back for a dinner with my partner and/or with friends.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

At this place you can only choose amount of courses, the rest is up to the chef. We had a 4 course menu and it was well prepared, nicely presented but without any extra or wow taste experiences. The service is very friendly, only downside was that around even though its a small place service took a when the place was full. So in summary, an ok surprise menu without too many surprises( unfortunately).