“good value for money!!”

Hotel Mosaic City Centre
Ranked #49 of 343 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Arriving at Amsterdam we got dropped off at the city centre, we weren't quite sure how far our hotel was from the centre so we decided to walk, it took us about 25 minutes to walk to our hotel, but as soon as we got there we could not find it as it is amongst apartments. You will see glass doors and have to press the intercom to be let in, which I thought was very safe and secure.

The receptionist told us it would be about a 10 minute wait for our room, 10 minutes later we entered the room and it was absolutely gorgeous, I was so shocked when I saw it,I think I paid £40 for one night there and it was so modern, clean and tidy!!

Night was very quiet and like I said, it was a long walk back to the centre.

Across from the hotel there was a lovely cafe, the coffee's there were the best coffee I have ever had, I would love to go back to Amsterdam just to taste that coffee again, and I don't even usually have coffee!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 18, 2014

Just back today from Amsterdam with my wife, we stayed at hotel mosaic for 2 nights. The hotel is great and good location also. The staff at the desk was very helpful also, showing us places to go on the map etc... Tea and coffee where available at all times !! Rooms were basic but nice, new bathroom, Samsung tv and the beds were brilliant.

We had no hassle with this hotel at all. Overall good hotel and I would book again.

Conan and Lynda from Edinburgh.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

My friends and i stayed here for one night to have somewhere to stay in the city. We got a lovely 3 bed room which was small but we didnt need anything big. There was a tv and a very nice bathroom. Everything was very tidy and clean. The beds were comfortable. Very safe with a great position in town. Nearby tram stops

Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Pro:
- Location, close to centre, beside vondelpark, nice areas to eat, handy No.3 tram.
- comfortable beds, very heavy dark curtains
- TV channels, better than most hotels

Con
- tried moving us to 1 star hotel (Marnix) as over booked, said no, then tried moving us to a better hotel, said yes, but then they found space at original (mosaic).. lot of time wasted + confusion on phone
- shower does flood a little, but not a big deal
- 2 single beds pushed together, however this was made clear before reservation.
- coffee/tea only available 2pm onwards
- no hairdryer/coffee facilities in room

Room Tip: If they try move you becareful to review that hotel before agreeing!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
2  Thank Patrick F
Reviewed April 23, 2014

The hotel was excellent value for money, very cheap! The rooms were modern and clean, plus the beds were very comfy! Not a bad word to say about this hotel! 10 minute walk away from centre if you had a fast walk but it enabled us to find stunning bakeries!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Very central location and nice apartment. It definitely was not spacious, but it was sufficient. The cleaning was not very good - the desktop was dirty when we arrived. Furthermore, there was no remote for the tv.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Filip S
Reviewed March 13, 2014

On arrival the receptionist was rude. Thought out the stay she got worse they then charged my credit card the €250 smoking fine for smoking in the rooms when no one was smoking in the rooms. During the complaining process she then put the phone down on me and refused to answer the phone again. Taking this further.

• Stayed: March 2014