“A night in amsterdam”

Reviewed August 14, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I stayed in this hotel end of June 2013, clean not very far from centraal station and other attractions.
Poor breakfast, and somehow weird but maybe typical European staircases.
Staff were cool.
Neighbors were very noisy, make sure you ask them to slam the doors quietly as the doors are quite adjacent to each others in some sections of the hotel.

Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

I was searching for a hotel on booking.com and came across City Hotel. The name itself sounds dodgey but the photos on the website looks promising so we decided to book it.

I was disappointed as soon as we arrived. I chose the room that's supposed to be on the first floor and when we got there it was actually on the third! So we have to carry our luggages 3 flights up on a non elevator building. I am from NY so I am used to walk ups but the fact that they lied on their website that its on the first floor when it actually isn't is unforgivable! I made it a point to get a room on the first floor because I know how the buildings are in Amsterdam.

Next, when we got to the room - our bed sheets and pillows were not clean and arranged. It looked like someone was just there before us! I've never been to a hotel like this! I know it's not a five star hotel but its really disgusting to arrive in your room like that. I went back to the reception and told him the story and all he did was hand me fresh sheets so I can change it myself! Unbelievable!

On our last day they charged us for not checking out on time. I have never experienced this in any hotel!

I am very disappointed and unhappy customer and hopefully this review will help other people.

I do not recommend this hotel. You can get a better deal somewhere else for the price.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank farrochka
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed at this hotel from June 30 to July 4. The location of the hotel is a 10 to 15 min walk from Centraal Station. Once you leave the station, you turn left and you will find your way to the property. It is a typical Amsterdam building, with staircases even to get to the bathroom, am telling you, this hotel damaged my muscles, and bones and every joint of my body, because you have to carry your luggage up and up and up, or down and down and down. Am not saying it´s wrong to do this, but man, the stairs are suicidal, and if you are planning on getting high every night like I did, oh its an adventure, which I actually enjoyed. The staff is typical of a do it yourself hotel, they are there but don´t expect much from them. They are what they are, this is a 1 to 2 star property, and it was quite clean and the room I had, I think 13A was pretty decent. What else can I say, the breakfast was not bad, but it needs at least a fruit, that would give it the edge, other than that, it was good. I paid 100 euro per night for 2 people in double room, which was great. I would return to it unless I find a more central hotel for the same price, the hotel is walking distance from the red light district, and dam square, and all the coffee shops and restaurants, but its not in the middle of the hustle and bustle which to me was great somehow.

1  Thank Beirut1980
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Expensive, not worth it. Staff was not willing to help; I witnessed a lady telling the front desk guy that her room hadn't been cleaned since the previous guests and all the front desk guy could say is "sorry, the ladies will clean it tomorrow". The staff also gave a key to my room at 1:00 am to a new guest that entered our room while we were sleeping. Vey minimal breakfast. Noisy hotel. There are over 650 other hotels in Amsterdam, choose another. Pros: It is a good location, about a 5 minute walk from the train station.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Excellent hotel in a perfect location. The apartments for 6 people are a dream. The hotel staff very helpful and always cheerful. We were super-added despite our size group of nearly 30 people and will certainly come back again. For us this is the only hotel in Amsterdam for the future.
Especially I want to thanks Mrs. Ghazal for everything.

Greetings from Germany (S. Kokal)

Room Tip: Apartments for 6 people ( Amazing)