“Beautiful view...great deck”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Van dezelfde eigenaar als Restaurant Dauphine
Reviewed July 29, 2014

We have been at Riva many times...we love the place...the location is terrific and the food is always good. Great place to visit on a summer afternoon!

Reviewed July 26, 2014

Have been to Riva twice and had the chicken wrap the first time and the veggie burger the second. The chicken wrap was average (at best!) and not something that I would order again.

The veggie burger was, however, an incredibly tasty surprise. I'm not a fan of mushrooms usually but the burger was flavorful, served hot and appeared appetizing with a side of potatoes. I could not believe how good the veggie burger was! Really! I surprise myself by saying this but I actually thought about going back to Riva the next day just to order the veggie burger AGAIN!

The view from the terrace is great and its a nice way to spend an afternoon away from the office, getting sun and enjoying a decent meal. The restaurant interior is also well done so I'd be interested to see what its like to eat indoors once the weather isn't so cooperative.

Service was ok but not as attentive as I would have hoped. Servers were moving around often but had to be flagged down for assistance.

In all the veggie burger was the saving grace for this restaurant and bumped the rating up from average to Very Good.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

I've been to Riva many times for both lunch and dinner. The menu is simple, dishes are tasty. Was sad to see my favorite grilled veggie and feta sandwich off the menu when I was there last week for lunch. But on the other hand there were enough new dishes to try like the quinoa and beet salad and the lentil veggie burger with roasted potatoes. Overall the food is nice and service average for Amsterdam. But what really makes Riva stand out is the spectacular location right on the Amstel. On a sunny warm day the terrace is heavenly!

Reviewed May 16, 2014

Crashed out here for Lunch between meetings. Never had an Cheese Omelette on bread before. Service was fast, very busy lots of business people. My colleague had the soup of the day. It was OK, but not a feast. A bit expensive for what it was. But it was minimalist, prompt and had a great view.

1  Thank another_JohnDoe
Reviewed April 12, 2014

A great place. Very good food. Excellent location on the river Amsterdam. Very pleasant service.
It is very populair. I should recommand to make a reservation

2  Thank Steven O