Hotel Savoy Amsterdam
$248
$229
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $273/night.

Lloyd Hotel(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$104
$92
Priceline
  • Restaurant
All reviewssafe neighborhoodnon smokingno hot waterclean hotelminute walkdecent hoteltea and coffeethe red light districttramweedespressoslippersstopscafes
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I think I had the best nights sleep ever in this hotel, the adjustable beds were awesome. The hotel room was nice and clean, staff were all helpful and our stay there was great :)

We stayed in 6 hotels in Amsterdam this trip, this was the 2nd bestist one :)

Room Tip: Our room was at the back of the hotel which meant less road noise... Although the beds are that comfy I doubt it would really matter anyway :)
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 2, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Our travel agent booked this hotel for us. We were not impressed at all. The pictures really do not depict how bad it is. The rooms are very dark. The bathroom is tiny (only room for one person to stand) and the shower water will not stay in the shower, so the floor floods. There is a makeup mirror, but it was mounted 6 feet off the ground...and I am only 5'4". We had 2 rooms, one overlooked a court yard (sort of), the other had a window, but the bottom of the window as 6 feet off the ground, so it made it impossible to look out or open or close the window. There was a small cafeteria-looking dining room for breakfast. The lobby reminded me of one in a small US motel. The sheets were scratchy and we thought we had book a king bed for ourselves, but we had 2 twins and were unable to change it. It is on the Tram line, but the 25 tram was not working the day we were there. It was a 10 - 15 minute walk to get to the nearest working tram. It is not in a great part of the city either. I would not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a central location in Amsterdam, make sure you book a room within a block of the major canal.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Lisa H
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I stayed in this Hotel in early August 2012 with a friend in a Twin Share room. (Room 3) Although the Reception staff were lovely the room was so small we hardly had room for the two of us and our luggage. The bathroom was small but OK although the shower floor looked and smelt mouldy. The big problem I had here was that I chose to sleep in the bed nearest the window and broke out 2 days later in a HORRIBLE bed bug rash. I ended up at a Hospital for medication soon after that. I would suggest that anyone who stays here pulls the bedding apart and checks it before settling in for the night. The bed I slept on had a thick wool underlay - must have been crawling with bugs !!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Maluajan1
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Very impressive room with the most comfortable adjustable bed. The location is nice (around 30mins walk from Dam Square) so the locale feels a lot less touristy. There's some lovely places to eat/drink nearby and it's handy for the Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh museum. The only disappointment was the lack of friendliness on arrival. There was zero attempt at any interaction or welcome. This was the case every time I left or returned back to the hotel during my stay. Overall, it's a nice hotel and despite the above, I would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012