New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Hotel Savoy Amsterdam

Hotel Savoy Amsterdam
Ranked #320 of 363 Hotels in Amsterdam
Uithoorn, The Netherlands
“Quiet, comfortable hotel close to RAI Exhibition center”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

The Savoy Hotel is close to the RAI Exhibition center at a comfortable 10 minutes walk. There is free Wifi in the hotel, a good and plentiful breakfast, comfortable rooms with very good beds.
Staff is helpful, efficient check-in and -out.
Parking close to the hotel is possible. The center of Amsterdam is easily reached by tram.
A pity there is no bar for a quiet drink!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Turkish first
Tallinn, Estonia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

I stayed in this hotel one night this week. Most important terms for me were presented: not too far from city center, English breakfast and free wifi internet in rooms.
The first contact was nice: pretty Indonesian lady in reception was very friendly. I checked-in at 6 p.m. and on the same time a male person came to work to front desk. I saw coffee machine in breakfast room and asked from female person, how much I have to pay for coffee. She said that coffee is free of charge. On the same time guy from reception added that I have to drink coffee in the same room and I can not take the cup to my room... Strange, but OK.
I entered into my room on the 3rd floor and it was very cold. The reason was a window, which was not closed. I tried to close it, but it was quit tricky, because the mechanism was broken. Somehow I was successful and thanks to air conditioner in a hour my room was more-less warm.
As I had to prepare some documents, I tried connect my laptop by wifi to internet, but the signal was too weak for it. The same result with iPad. I called to reception and described the problem. Guy from front desk was very unfriendly and he suggested to take my computer with me to lobby because there the signal is stronger. I did not like this solution and asked to change my room. The answer was negative. Arguments were that there is only 5 free rooms in hotel and maybe crowd of people from street will enter and want book all these rooms. And... he has to send a cleaner to my room, if I will leave it! I explained, that there is no need for cleaner, cause I just arrived and everything is clean. Result: nothing! First time in my life hotel was not changing my room when I asked that.
At morning I had breakfast with my colleague and it was really good and tasty. But... during the one hour in breakfast room we did not see any other hotel guests. So it was really hard to believe the argument of the front desk guy, that hotel was almost full.

Room Tip: If you want wifi do not choose the room No 301. My colleague stayed in room No 102 and there the sig...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Amsterdam hotels

Vejle, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

Nice hotel - trolley right outside and only 5 minutes walk to RAI.

Would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank KennethDK
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

First of all please let me start by saying this hotel is way under rated on trip advisor. I stayed at this hotel from 24th December 2011 till 28th December 2011 with my wife and we had an amazing stay. Before leaving for Amsterdam I must have spent more than 100 hours on reading reviews and looking at different sites for hotels and was worried about the ratings but after the stay I can definitely say that this hotel which has a rating of 7.0 is way below for what you get for the price.

It is like 15 mins drive from the airport. We took the connexxion shuttle which was 50 euros return trip for 2. For the hotel we paid Euro 367.00 including breakfast (which was decent compared to the 15 Euros/Person the rest of the hotels charge) and city tax of 5%. Tram 25 and 12 takes you to Dam Square and the tram station and is a stone throw away from the hotel. It is in a very nice and peaceful area with the police station next to it. Everyone at the reception was amazingly helpful and friendly. The rooms were spacious and the beds were comfortable. Lots of places to eat around inlcuding indonesian, thai etc. Places like Heinkein experience and Albert Market are like 2 stops by tram. Other places like van goh and rij museum are 2 mins away by tram. It is a non smoking hotel but u can smell the weed and in the hallway which as a smoker i definitely did not mind ;) .

Overall very nice hotel for the price you pay. I would recommend it to anyone going to Amsterdam. I really don't think you wold get anything better for the price this hotel charges.

P.S : If you stay here then I will advise you to get the I AM AMSTERDAM CARD...for the duration that suits you since you will use the trams a lot and get free entry to a lot of museums and a free canal cruise.

Room Tip: Take the rooms with twin beds instead of a queen or double bed. The ones with twin beds are larger.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Iceman_1983
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

I only really slept at this hotel as I was in Amsterdam visiting friends. The front desk lady was polite and helpful; the room was clean, quiet and comfortable and the price was competetive for Amsterdam. It's not a luxury hotel by any stretch but it does the job. The location is not that central, but the local area is fun and pleasant with easy tram connections to other paets of town.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank scruffyduncan
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

A bit outdated furniture and not really a 4* hotel, but clean and with very friendly staff.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

i stayed two days in this hotel . it was very clean also people who working in the hotel they were so friendly and smiley also very secure hotel . next to the police station. 30 minutes walking distance from central station . breakfast was expensive it was 15 euro but you can eat out much cheaper than this price .tea and coffee are free .

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo