“Disappointing and overpriced meal”

Three Sisters Grand Pub
Ranked #91 of 285 Nightlife in Amsterdam
West Long Branch, New Jersey
145 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2,360 helpful votes
“Disappointing and overpriced meal”
Reviewed November 5, 2010

My husband's colleagues ate dinner here one evening, and they recommended it to us. We brought along the two friends that were traveling with us. This steakhouse is oddly located. It is on the fourth floor of a pub. We had to wait about 20 minutes until the waitress finished her cigarette break. She then escorted us in the elevator to the restaurant. There was no one else there at all. She set out our place mats, napkins, silverware and gave us our menus. It was funny to read in the other reviews how the waitress did not speak at all, this waitress came over every 15 seconds to ask if we were ready to order yet.

Both my husband and I ordered a steak dinner, and for an appetizer we ordered the carpaccio. The carpaccio was scary warm. Carpaccio should be ice cold, since it is basically raw meat. I ate it, but was afraid I was going to have problems from eating it later. (I did not, though). The steak dinner came, and it was a very small steak with a lot of gristle. It was advertised as angus beef. It most certainly was not. There was no steak sauce. The meat was overly cooked and tasted as if it had been frozen and taken out for cooking. That would not be surprising since no one else appeared to eat dinner in the restaurant the entire time we were there.

The meal was very overpriced, and when we were done we had to wait again for the waitress to appear to bring us down in the elevator. Strange. The view is nice, though.

6 Thank MiouMiou

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
Elmira, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Horrible Service-Great Food”
Reviewed April 13, 2010

Lovely place, went in for dinner. Waited about 10 minutes for a waitress to come to us and there were only about 4 other couples in the whole place. She just walked up to the table and stood there, didn't say a word. So we just told her the drinks we would like and off she went. Had to wait at least 10-15 minutes for her to take our order, still didn't say a word to us, May I take your order, is very a common thing for a waitress to say but not this girl. She did speak English, no excuses! I thought maybe we just seemed like we had an attitude so therefore she had one, but she treated the people that came in after us the same way. She definately shouldn't be working there if she hates her job or the tourist's that much. Food was excellent, some kind of pasta and shrimp, large amount of food as well. So for the food I recommend but don't expect good service, or just pray for a different waitress than we had.

1 Thank halfpint6799
Erpe-Mere, Belgium
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Good restaurant”
Reviewed August 29, 2009

This is a very good restaurant.

Why isn't it listed with the restaurants?

The food is great, fast service and best of all great decor

1 Thank Johan_Sch85
Cork
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Poor food and poorer service”
Reviewed November 27, 2006

I have just returned to Ireland from a weekend trip to Amsterdam with a group of friends - overall the trip was wonderful apart from out culinary experiences at the Three Sisters Grand Pub. We were unfortunate to eat there on two occasions - on both occasions service was extremely slow. On our first night in Amsterdam we went there for our dinner and while we asked for our steaks to be WELL DONE, the product that appeared on the plates left much to be desired, which makes me wonder why it had taken so long for the food to be served. Furthermore, one member of our group was unfortunate enough to be forgotten about by the waiter and a very rare steak subsequently appeared on his plate.

For the sake of convenience, we returned to the pub the following morning for breakfast/lunch. Again service was very slow and when our food finally appeared from the kitchen, the waitress proceeded to serve it to other customers. Upon realising her mistake (which was by then too late to rectify), she had the audacity to imply that HER MISTAKE was in fact our mistake. Food was served to half of our group and the order had to be resent to the kitchen. In all, I waited 1hr and 20 mins for my breakfast. After all that, the quality of the food again left a lot to be desired and left my stomach churning for hours. What upset me the most on this particular occasion was the rude manner of the waitress serving the food.

I would not recommend!!!

7 Thank MarieTheBee
A TripAdvisor Member
“Pleasant Surprise”
Reviewed January 11, 2006

Happened to be wandering Leidseplein on a quite Sunday during the International Documentary Festival with time for lunch between screenings. My curiosity had been peaked the night before as I was leaving a screening at the Calypso, what with the unique layout of four floors of entertainment and dining. I went up to the fourth floor "New York Steakhouse" for an oddly timed mid-day meal. The place is wood-panelled and clubby with a great view of the plaza and the street entertainers that frequent the square, cashing in on the weekend tourist trade. I started with a hearty tomato soup, as it was a cold afternoon, and the special happened to be a veal ribeye, which I ordered and found to be excellent, accompanied by sauteed chanterelles and onions. One of the most tender and well seasoned pieces of veal I've ever had. I highly recommend the place.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member