“Amazingly delicious food” 5 of 5 stars

Restaurant La Cacerola
Ranked #734 of 3,431 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Neighborhood: Museumplein
Description: Beste Braziliaanse Churrasco de Picanha hier te vinden. Prachtig mooie, verse gerechten, met veel smaak en liefde bereid. een absolute culinaire verrassing net iets uit de route. top tent!Time Out Amsterdam, july 2012, zegt "Brazilian Blowout! 5 stars! "
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazingly delicious food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

Had a great evening with friends at this Brazilian inspired restaurant. The food was really truely delicious - melts in your mouth. Service was very friendly and attentive. You should definitelt visit this restaurant when you are in town. Enjoy!

Visited October 2013

Oslo
“Good reason to return”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We booked this restaurant,due to it's location,as we were meeting someone there.It is a small location with only about 5 or 6 tables. Although it was not full,when we were there. Reservation is advised.
The menu is not particulary large, but the quality of the food was out of this world. Grilled scallops in a special sauce, must be probably the best starter I have ever tasted. The was followed by a brazilian steak, perfectly cooked ,but I could not finish it. but my son who was running in the marathon the next day ,did...The dessert was also excellent, but I can't remember what it was. My memory was mulled by the excellent wine that accompained the meal.
I do not think it was particularly expensive either. Regardless it was well worth the money.
And goes to the top or very nearly,as one of the best meals I have ever enjoyed.
There is also a lively wine bar next door, who pride themselves on the quality of their wines.
Both places are well worth a visit

1 Thank halkei
Downpatrick, United Kingdom
“Great value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I visited this restaurant with my family to celebrate my brother's birthday. He loves steak so I was tasked with finding a restaurant which did a good steak but also other options as my mum doesn't eat meat. It also had to be good value for money. This restaurant ticked all those boxes. My parents had fish which they said was very good, myself and my brother had steak which was perfectly cooked, really tasty and tender. The food isn't anything fancy, just good food done well. It's a small restaurant so you need to book in advance for the weekend, the staff are very nice and friendly - they knew a lot about the menu. Compared to other restaurants in the area I found La Cacerola to be very good value for money as Amsterdam can be an expensive place to eat out.

1 Thank Emma B
“Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Nice atmosphere with good food. A little pricey though. Not for vegetarians. Service is very friendly.

Hampshire, England
“Small and Intimate”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We had a lovely experience at this restaurant, but it was a shame that we were the only diners, however, we were quite early by European standards, and also it was not a weekend night. That said, the service was excellent and the menu was explained carefully. Wine was delicious and when the food arrived it was of a very good standard.
The menu wasn't too large, so it wasn't difficult to make choices, I am not a fan of enormous menus that make selecting the right thing harder.
I had the hake which was really nice.
An overall great restaurant, a little quirky, in a very old building, with a lovely waitress and clearly a very dedicated chef. Would recommend.