“Super Awesome Tour!”

City Free Tour Amsterdam
Ranked #29 of 450 Tours in Amsterdam
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We offer free walking tours (tip-based) and private walking tours in Amsterdam by local guides, that have been living in Amsterdam for many years. The guides all have a different background but one thing in common- they are very passionate about Amsterdam and have a lot of great stories to share with you. Our tours are always very diverse. Full of history, culture, fun facts and stories about the city life right now. Let us take you on a unique journey through Amsterdam and we will turn the city into a live museum.
Reviewed March 10, 2014

This tour was absolutely fantastic! It was super cheap (free! But the best thing to do is tip at the end although it's not required) Lee was our tour guide. She spoke excellent English and had really informative AND really interesting stories to tell. I would recommend doing it first on your trip because you can get some great ideas of places you'd like to visit. The tour took just over 3 hours with pretty relaxed walking and covered I think almost all of the older city. We went on a busy Saturday in a full tour (40 people) and they mentioned that you can reserve spots online because if you get there and all the spots are taken up then you're out of luck.

4  Thank j0siegrace
in 17 reviews
"rocco"
"depth"

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Had Monique for our guide and she did a great job taking us through the city and telling us informative and historical facts about the places we'd walk through. It was a perfect amount of time (2 hour walk), and the meeting location was easy to find. I would recommend this walk to anyone visiting Amsterdam as a nice introduction to the city to get a feel about where things are because once you go through the city, it's small enough that you can roam around comfortably. With the tour, the benefit is is that things will look familiar and you won't be reliant with a map.

2  Thank GKCALI
Reviewed March 1, 2014

First thing's first, it is not free. but it is the fairest way to see the city. You decide what to pay at the end of the trip, but I have no doubt that anyone (who is not a total duch) will enjoy the trip!
The guides are dedicated, young and fluent, and they make this tour an amazing experience.
See all the major sights and get all the information: The history of the city rolled-up and served in short, interesting, and fun bits!
Do yourself a huge favor, take this trip ASAP when getting into the city. It will set you up for a great stay and help you decide what sides of the city you wish to dive deeper into.
A MUST!!!

2  Thank linis_trip
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

Thanks to Monique for an enjoyable tour of Amsterdam. This was my first city walking tour but definitely won't be my last. A good way to see the city from a local's perspective and uncover some insights you don't get from the guide books.

See more reviews
Reviewed January 26, 2014

After arriving in the hague, I decided to go on this walking tour Amsterdam as I didn't have a lot of time. I took the tram and met up with our tour guide outside the flea market (got some well priced souvenirs here) and off we went. The tour is about 3 hours and it was very comprehensive and great. The only thing I noticed was that we didn't stop by the Anne Frank Huis (this was the day after). I didn't actually notice during the tour because we covered so much in that short period of time. I was able to walk around Amsterdam on my own and find my way around easily. Very colourful stories from our tour guide. Tipping is optional but appreciated. I'd do this tour again if I'm in Amsterdam.