“A must-do in Amsterdam!” 5 of 5 bubbles

City Free Tour Amsterdam
Ranked #18 of 348 Tours in Amsterdam
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Free(tip-based) and private walking tours in Amsterdam by local guides.
Potomac, Maryland
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A must-do in Amsterdam!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

This was a great way to be introduced to the city. Our guide, Mattie, a dual Canadian and Dutch citizen, was knowledgable and funny. She even got us free cheese samples at Repanaer. A number of people went for lunch with her afterwards. Even the others on the tour were super friendly. We had fun and learned a lot.These guides work only for tips, but Mattie certainly earned one.

Visited March 2013

• Greek first
  • Polish first
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Very interesting tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

The tour guides work for tips so naturally they try their best to be informative and entertaining. I found the tour to be very informative, lots of amusing and enlightening stories about Amsterdam which I couldn't wait to share with people back home. I really recommend this tour as a great way to get oriented and learn more abut the city, it really helps you appreciate Amsterdam.

The tours meet at 11am and 1pm every day in the dam square right near the big pillar statue, just look for people holding red signs. Also, don't book online, it is quite unnecessary and a waste of the 3euro booking fee in my opinion.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank LeeseyPow
The Hague, The Netherlands
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Highly recommendable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

I have done today the free tour in Amsterdam for Spanish speakers and I discovered a different Amsterdam than the one I know! Nice tour, interesting tips, surprising stories! I highly recommend this trip to everyone that wants to go a bit deeper into the Dutch society! Thanks Jaco for these 3 pleasant hours today!

Visited March 2013
Detroit, Michigan
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Best free tour I have been on!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

I have been on quite a few of these tours throughout Europe. I was feeling quite under the weather on my only weekend in Amsterdam. I wanted to see the city, but did not have much energy to seek things out on my own. This was the perfect way to get a flavor of the entire place! I am so happy that I went on it. I discovered many new things I probably would not have learned about this city otherwise. The guide was awesome. He was from Ireland, but very knowledgeable about the city that he now calls home. I recommend this tour to anyone starting out their trip in Amsterdam! You will not be disappointed!

Visited November 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Informative, effective, and entertaining!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

I'm very glad I went on this tour!! The tour guide was very knowledgable, was open to questions, and the tour was fascinating. I learned way more than I would have in any guide book or website because of the interactive manner of the tour. Highly Recommended!!

Visited January 2013