“Funny and informative!” 5 of 5 bubbles

City Free Tour Amsterdam
Ranked #18 of 347 Tours in Amsterdam
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Free(tip-based) and private walking tours in Amsterdam by local guides.
Durban, South Africa
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Funny and informative!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed this tour. Our guide, Kendra, was simply wonderful. Her quirky sense of humour and great knowledge of the city made her the perfect person to show us around. If ever she gives up showing people the delights of the city, she could take to stand up comedy. The tour gives one a good sense of the city's origins, its current customs and a decent idea of what Amsterdam is all about. I'd highly recommend this tour. We followed it up with the Red Light District tour which was informative and respectful and well worth doing.

Visited December 2012

• Greek first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
“great tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

This tour was one of the best i have ever done, the guide really told us alot of the history and everything you could possible want to know about amsterdam, they dont hold back with any of the information! it was a fun, intresting tour. I personally loved every second of it, it was also really great that in the end you can decide to go back to the cafe that he recommends!

Lincoln, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“To get a proper feel of Amsterdam do the tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

This was mine and my partners 3rd time in the Dam and we had never done a proper guided tour before. We decided to have a go with the tour as it looked good on the leaflet and we went to the city center thinking we would receive a beige talk, We were so so so wrong! We had Ged as a guide who really told the tale of the beautiful city, he brought the history alive and also gave you a better understanding of the amazing cities driving power! I recommend the tour highly out of all of the things that I did in Amsterdam this tour was well worth the walk and the 3 hours that your taken on the journey. Ged really loves this city and that is translated in his guided tour, he really does make you feel like you too are part of this wonderful tale. Please Please go, if your low on funds and cant afford the other pepper expensive attractions DO THIS TOUR, if not for the wealth of knowledge, do it to understand the pepper reference!!

1 Thank GemmaLChapman
Prague, Czech Republic
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“The best way to discover Amsterdam”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

This has been a second free tour that I have taken and it was great! Our guide was very funny and had much information to give away, I have learnt a lot about Amsterdam by taking this tour. I really recommend it!

San Juan, Puerto Rico
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Excellent Day in Amsterdam”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

We are from Puerto Rico and travel for a weekend to Amsterdam...we made the Free Tour in Amsterdam by a colombian guy named Jaco...very professional and know every detail of the city. Very helpful in his tips to find nice place to eat and have fun. I recomended 100 %.

Visited September 2012