Tulip of Amsterdam B&B
  • Room Service
$224
$180
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $208/night.

$352
$263
$204
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $245/night.

$565
$85
$60
Priceline
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $80/night.

All reviewsyogurtgreat hostsnieuwmarkt squareself serve breakfasttraditional dutchbox of chocolateshome from homethe red light districthighly recommend this b bsmall refrigeratorstudio apartmentfelt like hometrain stationnarrow staircaseperfect locationrestaurant recommendationslarge room
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Thanks for the great place to stay last weekend. We usually stay in hotels but this time decided to see the way Dutch people live. It was great insight.

Plce is easy to find and close to central station, Dam and Red Light District.

We loved 'make your own breakfast' approach.

We will be back!

1  Thank PeteHLondon
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Well what can i say.Great location'breakfast & outstanding hosts.We stayed three nights at Tulip
it was hard to fault anything.David & Cris could not be more helpfull any requests were met including advice on places to eat or drink & how to get to any sights we wanted to see.

Room Tip: Be aware that underground station nearby is closed for renovations so is not an option. However it is an easy 10 TO 15 min walk from central station or 15 to 20 from port.We did both as we arrived by ship & left by train.We had a 2 x 20 - 25KG cases.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MARK W
Reviewed August 8, 2013

If you want to experience Amsterdam and Holland as a part of understanding the Dutch and Dutch history then Tulip of Amsterdam is THE place to stay. Chris and David are superb hosts, as is their cat Lotjie. The converted row house along a canal in the old town is typically Dutch updated with modern amenities and wonderful rooms at the end of a typically narrow spiral staircase. A full breakfast spread, self-serve, complements the stay. We spent 3 nights in advance of a Baltic cruise and I was right at home at the Tulip having lived in Amsterdam as a youngster. Easy walk to Dam square and the flower market and a whole host of attractions and restaurants. Highly recommended for those who do not require an elevator to climb 2 flights.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Globehoppers71
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I am an enthusiastic traveller and I have visited many B&Bs in the world. Tulip of Amsterdam is simply the best!!! I stayed there for 3 nights during my summer holiday in August and I LOVED it!

First of all, it is centrally located in the heart of Amsterdam with lovely shops, restaurants, bars and markets just around the corner. Amsterdam Central Station is only 7-10 minutes' walk away. Despite its central location, Tulip is on a quiet street. So I enjoyed quiet evenings and slept like a baby. But if you like the night life, it's only a few minutes' walk away.

What really makes a difference is how friendly and thoughtful the hosts, David and Chris, are. I had a very warm welcome by the hosts, which really made me feel at home after a long journey to Amsterdam. They even carried my suitcase to my room. The room I stayed in was a large double room with ensuite. Everything was immaculate! Comfortable bed with nice bedding, a small dining table with chairs, a complimentary bottle of wine, tea bags, coffee capsules, drinking water, etc. I felt the hosts really put their thoughts into it to make their guests comfortable and happy. For my whole stay, I didn't have to ask for anything because everything I needed was just there in my room/bathroom. There is a wide range of choices for breakfast in the guest kitchen, too. By the way, I really liked the cat, Loytje, as it is so friendly and chillaxed. I couldn't stop cuddling and petting it. :-)

Amsterdam is a great city to visit. And my stay at Tulip made it even more special, just like the icing on the cake. I will definitely go back to Tulip when I visit Amsterdam again. Without reservation, I would highly recommend Tulip of Amsterdam B&B to anyone who desires a truly enjoyable experience in Amsterdam.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank mikelearns2rock
Reviewed July 31, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a long weekend in July and were both very happy with the Tulip. David and Chris have done a great job and created a very welcoming place to stay. In part because they are both very welcoming but also they have created some fantastic rooms, each room with its own character. The attention detail in the rooms makes them great places to be. This is carried forward to the breakfast room which has everything you could want for breakfast with a very well equipped kitchen area. Even the hotel cat is friendly! 
Not only is the Tulip fantastic inside it is also very well located. We visited loads of museums over the weekend and the Tulip was very centrally located for all of them with a very easy walk.
I would highly recommend anyone staying in Amsterdam to stay at this hotel. You won’t be disappointed.

Room Tip: All rooms are great.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple