“decent but check credit card statements post stay”
Review of Hotel Museum Lane

Hotel Museum Lane
Ranked #344 of 371 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Me and a few friends stayed at this hotel early march this year.
The hotel was nice and central, staff were friendly and all in all it good value for the money.
However, when I checked my bank statement there was an extra charge which had been taken from my account the day I got back to England. I tried to contact them through email and have still had no response from the hotel.
If you do stay at this hotel, be sure to check your card statement on the card you gave when booking the room.
This created a disappointing end to a good trip.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank joshua h
There are newer reviews for Hotel Museum Lane

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Literally THE WORST HOTEL I have ever been to. Please see my other review for full description. absoloute worts staff absoloute worst service rooms , so disgusting I had to leave and they charged me, promised theyd give me my money back and then took more. had to wait 4 hours for a room which when i FINALLLLLLLY was allowed in, there were 4 towels n the bathroom rubbish on the floor the door was open, the bed had no sheets but dirty brown covered sheets on the floor and a tipped over bin with rubbish on the floor. AFter being told heck in was AT 1pm and coming bakc every hour on the hour and being told to come back constantly. then charged for this? I stay in hostels worldwide bu tthis is legit the worst place i have ever dealt with, staff included. I would rather sleep in teh gutters of the red light district naked then ever come back to this place...for real do not give them your money.

Room Tip: Add a tip to help travellers choose a good room" Pick another hotel
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank AustraliaB2013
Reviewed March 17, 2014

The hotel is a good value, it's quite clean, the staff is very helpful... but... the state of bathrooms is really poor and the stairs... ah... you have to be quite fit or take rooms downstairs ;) To sum up, I think it is worth the money:) Very good location, close to restaurants, pubs and coffee shops :)

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nataaala
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We booked the Art Gallery Hotel for our visit to Amsterdam because it's walking distance to the Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh and Modern Art Museums. It's a lovely hotel. We chose a Deluxe Double which had a wonderful view, a balcony, very comfortable bed, WIFI, flat screen TV, bathroom en suite, and a high ceiling. At 70 Euros or USD$100 tax inclusive, we thought it was very good on price and value. The staff is helpful and friendly.
We skipped the breakfast at 9 Euros. The hotel has a great free coffee machine (8 AM - 9 PM) which does espresso, cafe latte and macchiato (coffee, hot milk, chocolate). The Art Gallery Hotel has stairs (no elevator); so be comfortable with that if you choose this hotel. You can book directly at the hotel website (Search Art Gallery Hotel Amsterdam). All in all, a great experience; we recommend the Art Gallery Hotel.

Room Tip: The Deluxe Double is worth it.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Tim B
Reviewed March 3, 2014

On my second tripto Dam I stayed in the Art Gallery Hotel, it was beautifully cheap, we had own room but shared bathroom, own entrance and key. Only downside was its traditional Dutch style staircase which were very steep and we were on the top floor.. all adds to the fun! Rooms were clean and comfy, only saw staff once to check in but very friendly. The hotel on the south side near Vondel Park and Rijksmuseum so very easy to get everywhere.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Nice small hotel on good location, near to museums. I was stayed 3 night in February 2014 with my friend. Kind stuff,small rooms,worm...you have everything for short staying in Amsterdam. Good value for your money.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We've spent 3wonderful days in Amsterdam with my girlfriend, staying in Art Gallery Hotel. We were looking for a place close to the city center for a reasonable price. Art Hotel was the perfect choice. No fancy stuff just the basics what we needed. Nice and clean room on the top floor with everything we needed.(The housekeepers changed our sheets every day, and made our stuffed foxes cuddle each other on the pillows..cute idea, thank you :) )
Amsterdam center is about 15minutes walk, Heinekken brewery 5minutes, Hard Rock Cafe 5minutes, reastaurants and coffeshops, supermarkets nearby.
Oh, and the guy at the reception was really friendly as well! :)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple