“Visit if you have spare time”
Review of Albert Cuyp Market

Ranked #70 of 529 things to do in Amsterdam
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The city's largest street market is just south of the city center.
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Before we go we had high expectation about this, we thought we would see lots food, groceries and fresh produce there. It just turned out to be ok, things are common as you can see in HEMA or any other stores, and there are not many stands for food and produce. If you are searching for something special or bargin in Amsterdam, then maybe other places.

1  Thank PhxLin

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Very interesting market with lots to see. I had the best fresh squeezed orange juice of my life here.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

While visiting Amsterdam, my friend and I took the hop on/hop off canal ride and decided to explore the Albert Cuyp Market after hearing the description. It was immense. I believe it goes on for several blocks and there are stalls on each side of the street selling anything and everything. We saw many that had knock off handbags, tons of food, and more interesting items that were homemade Dutch goodies. Did I mention it was extremely crowded? If you have trouble in tight spaces then this may not be the place for you. It was difficult to get close enough to anything to even browse and much of the time we were just propelled along by the huge crowd. I usually love markets like this but it was so overwhelming with the amount of people in such a tight space. We walked along for two blocks before giving up and ducking down a side street. I didn't see anything I really wanted to purchase, and honestly, it would have taken a lot to be able to get to the item and get it purchased in that never ending crowd. Not for the faint of heart but worth seeing (if only for a block or two)!

Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

Very few decent stalls. The overwhelming majority selling poor quality , cheap Asian imports. Many selling the same things. Low quality, low interest.

2  Thank Mothair
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Fabulous place. Just walk along slow and enjoy of everything you can get/buy/see here - roasted nuts, homemade cheese, bicycles or locks for bicycles, clothes, souvenirs, shoes, flowers, etc.etc.
Definitely must visit in the city.

2  Thank Christina B