Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM

from $45.80
from $28.60
from $102.00
1,129 results
All reviews portrait gallery russian history great exhibition outsider art on display current exhibit special exhibit dutch golden age van gogh museum amstel river audio guide permanent collection museum card beautiful museum visited this museum night watch petersburg
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

What a scam! I'm furious! They charge you 25.- € for an empty place! The premises look astounding but the museum is almost empty. There is only one rembrandt in the whole museum and literally the whole museum can be visited in two hours! A total ripoff! Save your money for something that is worth it!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The gallery has some fabulous paintings
All I can say is that I am really pleased I went and I stayed for a long time just absorbing some of the best art in the world
Really worth making time to fit this in on any trip to Amsterdam

Reviewed October 8, 2018 via mobile

In one of the first room you walk in ant there are group pictures of the the governors of Amsterdam. At the beging of the show the recording start talking about a person and a spot light highlights the person in the painting. In different rooms they tell the story of Netherlands through the work of the dutch masters

Reviewed September 30, 2018

This exhibition in the Hermitage museum examines the actual paintings of the people in the Dutch Golden Age, so you can become familiar with them. It is well laid out but the Audio that goes with it was rather frustrating, luckily it was free. A great exhibition.

Reviewed September 23, 2018 via mobile

I went to the sculpture exhibition and to see the large group portraits connected with the Night Watch. All were well displayed and well explained.
Other visitors have commented on the price but I used an iAmsterdam card.
The restaurant is very nice but expensive and a bit up itself. It was deserted when I went.

Reviewed September 18, 2018 via mobile

Really enjoyed our visit. You need to reserve a timed entry and we had iamsterdam card so entry was quick.
One part of museum was full of Dutch art large multi people portraits. Some of the rich, well off people had their portrait along side other prominent individuals. Mostly men.
The special exhibit of scuptures of marble beautiful women were on display from the Hermitage museum in St Petersburg. The area with outside art should be skipped. We had a timed ticket from 2-5pm which gave us plenty of time. We saw the Van Gogh museum in the morning.
Recommended.

Reviewed September 11, 2018

A great little exhibition, and if time permits, a great visit.

Non traditional artists making art, simply to amuse themselves, those long Finnish winters must be the opportunity, matched with the powerful Finnish landscapes and strong occupants providing the inspiration for some memorable pieces. My favourite: the Cranes.

Reviewed September 10, 2018

We were wrapping up breakfast and had a couple of hours to kill before heading to the airport for our trip home when we came across the Hermitage. We had done a number of other museums which we enjoyed very much. However, while the Dutch history aspect of the museum was great, I found the portrait gallery disappointing since it seems all the faces looked the same. I know it is probably an unfair criticism and will admit that focusing on the historical aspect of what the museum presented makes it worthwhile. But if you need to make a choice, definitely go to the Rijksmuseum instead (and leave about 4 hours to see "most" of the place).

Reviewed September 9, 2018

The Hermitage Amsterdam is filled with famous and obscure paintings that share the history of Amsterdam, the Netherlands and the Dutch East and West Indies Companies. Very well set up. I liked the obscure paintings the best because they show home life in the 17th and 18th centuries as it really was - what they ate, how they decorated their homes and what they wore. A real insight to history.

Reviewed September 7, 2018

If you are visiting Amsterdam and have limited time for art museums, I suggest going to the Rijksmuseum, The Van Gogh Museum and the Rembrandt House Museum before going to the Hermitage Amsterdam. We visited the Hermitage Amsterdam and saw: "Portrait Gallery of the Golden Age" "Classic Beauties" and the Outsider Art Museum "ITE Art". We were a little dissappointed in the exhibits but I understand they have periodic exhibits of objects from the St. Petersburg Hermitage which are probably very good. Tickets for the exhibits we saw were sold separately or you could buy a combined ticket for about 25 Euros. The museum was wheelchair friendly.

1  Thank Toby G