Hotel Seven one Seven
$276
$260
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Van Gogh(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$143
$85
Hostelworld.com
All reviewspicasso suiteprinsengracht canalboutique hotelno elevatorhome from homeliving roomlovely hotelnine streetsperfect locationcentral amsterdamtram stopanne frank housetolkienluxurytownhousecomfortstairs
Reviewed July 16, 2010

I stayed here for 5 nights, in the Tolkien Suite at the rear of the house. The suite was a real gem, with antiques and a quiet ambience away from the noisy canal (especially important as the Dutch team was winning during the World Cup!). The room was true to its depiction on their website. Common rooms were elegant and beautifully decorated. My VIP treatment started right from check-in when I was asked to wait in the beautiful sitting room and drinks were provided while my luggage was hauled up the narrow stairs to my suite by an able assistant manager. All my requests were met with efficiency and punctuality, incl. a generous breakfast in my room each morning, afternoon wine and snacks, and extra amenities. I have not stayed in a nicer, more friendly "hotel" (I use quotation marks because this is not your typical luxury hotel, but a unique guest house that really is a home away from home). The house even provided guests with mosquito-repellent spray, which was useful being next to the canal during the hottest days of the summer. My only suggestion for improving this stellar property is to boost the power of the air conditioning units, particularly during the hot July month. It was barely adequate for the hottest days during my stay. Still, I will return here for future visits. Bravo to the management and staff.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 11, 2010

After reading all the wonderful reviews here I booked two nights at the 717. While the location is amazing, the room (Mahler) wonderful and the general service realtively good, our trip was unfortunately ruined by the rather unbelievable behaviour of the female manager: This was the hottest weekend of the year so far and I especially went to 717 and did not stay on a houseboat in order to profit from the airconditioning in the rooms (not a given in Amsterdam). When returning to the hotel after dinner, the AC had been switched off and our remote control was missing. I called the concierge and he told me he was very sorry but the manager had asked him to take the remote away and not give it back as we should sleep with open windows -- it was over 30 degrees in the room even with windows open plus no mosquito mesh in front of windows and so mosquito attacks all night long, passed terrible night and when asking for explanation of this policy in the morning no answer was forthcoming. We felt as if we were treated like children that mustn't play with the gadgets at night...at 350 euros a night, outrageous behaviour! The dutch are often caricatured for their stingyness, and I can't but wonder whether the 'no AC at night policy' is indeed part of this myth?

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
18  Thank alexclbrussels
Reviewed June 28, 2010

i spent 5nights at hotel seven on seven with my spouse.
we really were satisfied with great service and cozy atmosphere and fully able to enjoy the trip of Amsterdam.
Even though i had many experiences staying at several luxurious hotels, i have no dout to say that Hotel SEVEN ONE SEVEN was one of the best.
luxurious interior, antique furnishings, breakfast, exclusive service 1:1, very kind staffs.
If i have any chances to go Amsterdam again, I'll stay Hotel 717 without any hesitation.
I really appreciate for kindness of the staffs there.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 8, 2010

717 has a warmth and character all of its own that is very appealing for the regular traveller. It has style without being self concious and trying too hard. It knows wha it wants to be and does that well without fuss. I have been a regular guest over many years and always look forward to my visits.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Dart69_10
Reviewed June 2, 2010

Location is perfect in a very nice patrician house along a nice canal. We had a beautiful suite. It was very clean. The sitting rooms are very cosy.
The service is good but slow and not very professional. The concierge services are limited. As example, do not expect to get precise advices about restaurants or cultural events.
The breakfast is delicious. No lunch and no dinner available.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple